Reshade's Load Order...

• NoMansReshade
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #1 by NoMansReshade Reshade's Load Order... was created by NoMansReshade
So I have compiled a custom shader suite that I then load up into any new games I download. This wouldn't an issue if it weren't for Reshade's "sub-par" default load-ordering...

Example given here:

As you can see, it's quite messy (but it works)

If it were possible (and I may tinker and add this myself) to add a shader property that determines the effect's load order, it would be a whole lot more intuitive... Again, I would love to contribute to Reshade, but I barely have any idea what I'm doing! D:

Please and thank you,
NoMansReshade.

P.S: This post isn't aimed at Crosire, as I know he's too busy. This is aimed at contributers :)
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by NoMansReshade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hunt1hunt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Martigen
More
7 years 1 month ago #2 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Reshade's Load Order...
I'm a bit lost... you do know you can re-order shaders by simply dragging them around?

• NoMansReshade
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #3 by NoMansReshade Replied by NoMansReshade on topic Reshade's Load Order...
I'm talking about defaults. I'd rather not have to drag and drop every friggn' time I load up a new game. I guess for now, renaming works fine...
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by NoMansReshade.

• JBeckman
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #4 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Reshade's Load Order...
For 3.x I'm guessing the preset ini file controls the order. :)

IE for me where I'm usually just using SMAA and the deband effect the main preset looks like this:
(Adds a bit of blur but it does help somewhat with skyline color banding and a few other such issues which is a good trade-off, could use sharpening to try and balance it but not very fond of post-process sharpening effects in general.)

//
KeyDeband=0,0,0,0
KeySMAA=0,0,0,0
Techniques=Deband,SMAA

[SMAA.fx]
CornerRounding=0.000000
DebugOutput=0.000000
EdgeDetectionThreshold=0.050000
EdgeDetectionType=1.000000
MaxSearchSteps=112.000000
MaxSearchStepsDiagonal=20.000000

[Deband.fx]
Grain=0.006000
Iterations=1.000000
Range=16.000000
Threshold=0.004000
//

Switching the bold line should be the order they get loaded in I'm guessing. :)
(I don't think the order of the shader settings below make a difference.)

EDIT: "Secure connection failed." Well there goes that draft. :P

Anyways what I tried to write when that error popped up was that I don't think the ReShade config file would be helpful and it's either going to have to be done via the preset config or you'd need to change the ReShade .dll injector source code directly for how this is handled, that's way above my understanding though even if I occasionally poke around in the Github repository for the shader files (Looking to see if anything's been changed or added such as the recent updates to some effects.) and for the injector itself, probably going to be a while before 3.0.7 or whatever is released though with Crosire being busy with real life currently and the code is probably also pretty complex.

EDIT: Ah something like a "pragma" in the shader file itself determining a load order. :)
(#0 - #255 for example or whatever and of course the pragma command itself whatever that could be named.)

ReShade does support a few of these but I don't think there's a load order one?

EDIT: "Secure connection failed."
"Bleep" :P

Anyways, guessing it might be easier to have it all in ReShade.fx or what the main shader file would be in say a custom shader suite rather than having it in each individual effect file, of course it would break if the user were to rename any of said effect files in that case.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by JBeckman.

• Martigen
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #5 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Reshade's Load Order...

NoMansReshade wrote: I'm talking about defaults. I'd rather not have to drag and drop every friggn' time I load up a new game. I guess for now, renaming works fine...

1) Create a default 'game.ini' and default 'dxgi.ini'
2) In dxgi.ini, make sure it points to game.ini (the PresetFiles line)
3) When you install Reshade to a new game, just copy game.ini and dxgi.ini across.

Naturally, if the game is d3d9 and you use Reshade as a d3d9.dll for eg, you simply rename dxgi.ini to d3d9.ini.
And finally, in your game.ini, you have your Techniques line -- this controls the load order.

So simply set up a game with the defaults you like, and copy those files out ready to be installed in any game you play. Just use some common sense when you edit the paths.

This is what I do and take it one step further -- the Texture and Shader search paths in dxgi.ini point to a single global directory. So I don't need to install shaders to each and every game, I simply copy Reshade and the above ini files to a game, and away I go. I have Reshade installed in some 30 games at the moment and just one Shader and Texture directory, which also makes it easy when it comes to adding new shaders or updating shaders.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Martigen.

• hunt1hunt
More
7 years 4 weeks ago #6 by hunt1hunt Replied by hunt1hunt on topic Reshade's Load Order...
NoMansReshade hellow! thank you ! very love your custom shader suite,can you share it for me?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.