Installer Questions

• Exilium
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #1 by Exilium Installer Questions was created by Exilium
So, when I select a game to install the Reshade, what exactly he does? He just extract the correct DLL and download lastest FX files? Or he will create some key on registry? If I put the correct DLL, D3D9.dll for example, and adjust the folders presets, will work exactly like the other way (like the installer)?

My simple question is: The installer is just for download the lastest FX files from Reshade Repository and put the correct DLL in the game folder, right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 1 month ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Installer Questions

Exilium wrote: My simple question is: The installer is just for download the lastest FX files from Reshade Repository and put the correct DLL in the game folder, right?

Yes. Nothing sophisticated going on there. You can press "Ctrl" and click on the "Select Game" button for the setup tool to extract the ReShade DLLs and close itself without further actions.

• Exilium
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #3 by Exilium Replied by Exilium on topic Installer Questions
Thanks for reply!

Now, about the forum and Reshade:
You need to do something, this project is dying, no one create new shaders, no updates, no one port the old shaders from Reshade Framework, no one fix some issues in the new shaders ported to reshade 3.X.X, etc.

I'm sad about that! :/
(I used google translate, I have no time to fix grammatical erros).

• Ioxa
More
7 years 1 month ago #4 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Installer Questions

Exilium wrote: Thanks for reply!

Now, about the forum and Reshade:
You need to do something, this project is dying, no one create new shaders, no updates, no one port the old shaders from Reshade Framework, no one fix some issues in the new shaders ported to reshade 3.X.X, etc.

I'm sad about that! :/
(I used google translate, I have no time to fix grammatical erros).

There are new shaders being added on a somewhat regular basis. Check the presentation forum, there have been a few new shaders posted over the past few weeks. There were even a few more shaders added on GitHub this week. There have also been some other shaders posted in the requests and ideas section, you may find some of the old Framework shaders you are looking for in there.

If you really want to help you can start porting some of the shaders yourself, I've noticed some people who were asking for certain shaders started doing that.

The progress being made may be slower than you like but you need to understand that all this is done in peoples free time. And you, being a person that doesn't even have time to fix grammatical errors in a froum post, should be able to understand that others may not have the free time to port or write new shaders.

• FierySwordswoman
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #5 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic Installer Questions

crosire wrote: You can press "Ctrl" and click on the "Select Game" button for the setup tool to extract the ReShade DLLs and close itself without further actions.

This information should be present in the installer itself.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by FierySwordswoman.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.