What's the deal with DX12/Vulkan?

• Cyprys
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #1 by Cyprys What's the deal with DX12/Vulkan? was created by Cyprys
This is probably a noob question but what is going on with DX12 and Vulkan?

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me like everyone's already in the know about this while I'm here seeing any reference of DX12/Vulkan being removed from the github repo and being all confused.

I'd appreciate if someone could fill me in on what's going on and why they got removed from the project and if they'll ever be a part of reshade. Also if this was answered before I'd appreciate a link to the relevant post.
Thank you! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
6 years 11 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic What's the deal with DX12/Vulkan?
Discontinued and not likely to happen any time soon.

• Aelius Maximus
More
6 years 11 months ago #3 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic What's the deal with DX12/Vulkan?

Cyprys wrote: DX12

I don't think anyone has managed to inject DX12 yet anyway..

• crosire
More
6 years 11 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic What's the deal with DX12/Vulkan?
It's pretty easy. I have hooks for Vulkan and DX12 working. The tough part is adding a ReShade FX compiler backend + renderer backend for those two. That's some work and not something I am currently interested in doing.

• Martigen
More
6 years 11 months ago #5 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic What's the deal with DX12/Vulkan?

crosire wrote: It's pretty easy. I have hooks for Vulkan and DX12 working. The tough part is adding a ReShade FX compiler backend + renderer backend for those two. That's some work and not something I am currently interested in doing.

How do we make you interested? Cash, alcohol, donuts, hookers, hookers with donuts, death stars, quantum-linked parallel universes? Uh.. TELL US.

In all seriousness. I know you have better things to spend your time on. But what would motivate you?

Because gaming without Reshade is no gaming at all. And eventually, DX12/Vulcan will be de-facto.

• Aelius Maximus
More
6 years 11 months ago #6 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic What's the deal with DX12/Vulkan?
Ahhh, just the thought of Superdepth3D on games like Forza and Gears of War 4!!!

• joeroot
More
6 years 11 months ago #7 by joeroot Replied by joeroot on topic What's the deal with DX12/Vulkan?
i also don't think that anyone has managed to inject DX12

• kingsleytailors
More
6 years 9 months ago #8 by kingsleytailors Replied by kingsleytailors on topic What's the deal with DX12/Vulkan?
i m agree with you

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.