How to uninstall reshade from Dark Souls 3

• KILLROY
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #1 by KILLROY How to uninstall reshade from Dark Souls 3 was created by KILLROY
So i installed a reshade for dark souls 3 (lexar's) and i tried to install another preset, but it broke my game and creates a memory error and terminates my game. i tried deleting all the files i pasted in the dark souls directory (where the darksouls3.exe is) and repasting reshade and the mod back and it doesnt work. when all the files are deleted it still displays the reshade message in the top corner and doesnt go away. any feedback or help is much appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 7 months ago #2 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic How to uninstall reshade from Dark Souls 3
You removed dxgi.dll?

• KILLROY
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #3 by KILLROY Replied by KILLROY on topic How to uninstall reshade from Dark Souls 3
i did

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 7 months ago #4 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic How to uninstall reshade from Dark Souls 3
Should be gone, then.
What's the error like?
Got any other tools, like SpecialK?

• KILLROY
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #5 by KILLROY Replied by KILLROY on topic How to uninstall reshade from Dark Souls 3
so i think one of the DATA files was missing for some reason, fixed the problem

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 7 months ago #6 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic How to uninstall reshade from Dark Souls 3
Alright, good.

When in doubt, "Verify Integrity of Game Cache", right?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.