How do i REPLACE colors? not possible?

• Dwill0328
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #1 by Dwill0328 How do i REPLACE colors? not possible? was created by Dwill0328
Is it possible to just flat out swap colors? Or is that not even possible?

I just want to make green grass brown without shifting the entire color pallette of the game

I suspect that its not even possible as reshade would have to go into the game engine files to do that

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Zireael
More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #2 by Zireael Replied by Zireael on topic How do i REPLACE colors? not possible?
You could do it, but you realize that if you swap colors, then everything that uses that color will be messed with.

Photoshop has a Replace Color tool that lets you tweak each separate color, you could load up a screenshot, change it how you like, then apply it to the Reshade LUT texture.

If you literally mean just changing the color of a specific game asset, i'm not sure why you're even asking for that here, Reshade is a shader injector/overlay tool, it has nothing to do with actual game modding.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Zireael.

• Dwill0328
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #3 by Dwill0328 Replied by Dwill0328 on topic How do i REPLACE colors? not possible?
Hey thanks for the reply, yes you are correct thats what i want to do. I want all the greens in pubg to be light brown instead. This wont ruin other colors as there is only one ugly green color they use for all grass and trees. I want to make it look more like dayz

• Zireael
More
6 years 6 months ago #4 by Zireael Replied by Zireael on topic How do i REPLACE colors? not possible?
I've just done something similar in Max Payne 3, I modified the green color in Photoshop and applied it to the Reshade LUT, and also added MXAO.

Post a good screenshot that shows your problem and maybe I can do something similar for you and give you a LUT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dwill0328

• Dwill0328
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #5 by Dwill0328 Replied by Dwill0328 on topic How do i REPLACE colors? not possible?
Damn that is so cool. I can't believe the developers allowed the grass to look like that in the vanilla game for that scene. It sticks out like a sore thumb. Its like bright daytime grass in a night scene. Your adjustment makes it look perfect. i've been using reshade now for a while now and i feel like i am pretty good with it but that is something that i have never heard about before. Nor have i heard the word LUT.

Is this something i can learn how to do on my own? Or is it complex af?
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Dwill0328.

• Zireael
More
6 years 6 months ago #6 by Zireael Replied by Zireael on topic How do i REPLACE colors? not possible?

Dwill0328 wrote: Damn that is so cool. I can't believe the developers allowed the grass to look like that in the vanilla game for that scene. It sticks out like a sore thumb. Its like bright daytime grass in a night scene. Your adjustment makes it look perfect. i've been using reshade now for a while now and i feel like i am pretty good with it but that is something that i have never heard about before. Nor have i heard the word LUT.

Is this something i can learn how to do on my own? Or is it complex af?

It's not complicated, there is a tutorial on how to create and use LUTs, it stands for Look Up Table, it's a little image/texture which has a table of colors.

reshade.me/forum/shader-discussion/3179-...correction-the-guide

• Zireael
More
6 years 6 months ago #7 by Zireael Replied by Zireael on topic How do i REPLACE colors? not possible?
Here's an even better example of what you can achieve with a LUT, I corrected the grass color + i removed the yellow color cast on everything.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.