Impressions and truths about Reshade

• Lefein
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #1 by Lefein Impressions and truths about Reshade was created by Lefein
I (possibly by word of mouth, and behavior of others) was under the impression that old versions of reshade that are required for presets could be uploaded whole and hosted with their dll's. I know many people do it, but after adding one fully packaged I have found someone crusading against me because of it.

I'm a mod author, of some very small renown and months ago I offhandedly uploaded the preset I used without even thinking. Now months later a user has singled me out with threats and worse. Therein isn't the issue. I couldn't do much but laugh -

However, it did raise a very important question. If properly credited and linked back to Reshade.me are the old versions of presets with their dll's permitted to be uploaded whole and together?

Assumption is seldom correct, and I know I'm late, however I think because it happens so often (I did this once and offhand, I'm not a preset artist) that I really should ask how it works.

(Version 1.0)

If I've done wrong by you, you have my apologies, it wasn't intended.
Until I get a confirmed reply, I have removed the dll. and linked back to the original one I used to tweak it. Only the settings are in the download.
Lefein Noël
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Lefein.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Impressions and truths about Reshade
It is preferred not to upload ReShade itself somewhere else, but it's not explicitly forbidden for old versions, since those are no longer available officially. It's also highly recommended to switch to ReShade 3.0.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by crosire.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.