CV1 injection

• spyknee
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #1 by spyknee CV1 injection was created by spyknee
Ultimately only Crosire can tell but here gos.

Reshade, I really only play 1 kind of game, flight sim, specifically Aces High 3. Used SweetFx with it and just cannot do without. I just used some micro changes that brought out color and clarity. Like putting on HD sun glasses in the car. Must haveI. So I got reshade latest working, was able to start a preset with my old sweet fx preset. so all that is good.

Rift CV1, great peice of engineering except for 1 thing, its pretty much unusable in AH do to SDE and the washed out, flat colors. The display is a travesty, I hate it...
So I understand that direct HMD screws with reshade, cannot get a hook. My question is this. The CV1 must register somehow with the pc and vid card. So some where the pc knows what video card port the HMD signal is using, yes. So can you not make an option to make rehade port specific instead of display specific?
I read where there is an HDMI cable with an ic in it that does AA, as the signal passes thru. A type of hardware solution to a typically known software solution.
Its ashame the world went too big to fail, proprietary everything.
If I could somehow get that HD sun glass type effect thru the CV1 in AH3 I be so happy. Anyways, thoughts.
ty

ps: Crosire, undoubtly the greatest after market freeware tool on the planet. Nice work.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by spyknee.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• spyknee
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #2 by spyknee Replied by spyknee on topic CV1 injection
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/09/theres-a...our-picture-quality/

Interesting solution, just wonder about other applications..........

• crosire
More
6 years 4 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic CV1 injection
There is a branch of ReShade where I'm toying with VR support ( github.com/crosire/reshade/tree/openvr ). It's mainly designed for games without native VR though and does not work with games that already have VR built-in.

• spyknee
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #4 by spyknee Replied by spyknee on topic CV1 injection
Hi,
Well that bites for moi, AH3 is RIFT ready. Its your color injector the dam thing sorely needs.
Well its good you have not given up on VR entirely. Heres my deal tho. Tomorrow, if the seller is stand up company, I will posses 2, 806 ppi , sony 5.5 displays with an HDMI 1.4 driver board. 2!
I have a helmet with a lens train fitted, ready to fit the 2, 4K displays. What I deem as phase 2. I cannot do software so I will be running the gambit of available. Dual, independent displays. Now being HDMI 1.4, I will only get 30 Hz in 4K screen so I will pass this to a lesser res at 60Hz. I will be trying for 5K either in landscape or profile mode. These displays should act as a standard monitor that I can expand, surround, wide screen, yada yada. I will not get the extreme FOV but 1 step at a time.

Its a cockpit sim helmet only for racing and flying. It has a floating visor that places the displays in front of your face, not on it. its comfortable as hell.

So I hope you can see some possibilities. I wanted to use reshade/sweetfx, your work as much as possible. I was not kidding about it being good work, your code never cost me frame rate 1, I would turn off everything and just use sweetfx, it created clarity in the display. I do not want a consul game format, I want an HMD device that has a GOOD display, only a display w/headtracking, that will work with all existing games as well as future. Simple, basic, let software peeps rise to the device. NO world corp crap like the RIFT. I was playing with reshade and its beautiful in AH3, what it does with my old sweet fx profile, RIFT will not take it.

Crosire, I'm not kidding here. Just waiting to see how these displays pan out, like the real thing.

• spyknee
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #5 by spyknee Replied by spyknee on topic CV1 injection
I DL'ed the open osvr shader you linked.TY

Just want to know what file to extract it to. Altho I have reshade installed and working, I am very unfamiliar with the gui. Going slow....

• spyknee
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #6 by spyknee Replied by spyknee on topic CV1 injection
www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=120...443&p=163336#p163336

running my build thread here.
2, 806 ppi panels were delivered today.

Any thoughts appreciated. I'm excited myself. Even tho its not prime Hz for VR, I can still move forward and fit things together. done right, panel substitution easy. Plus I bet a displayport driver board will be made available.....

Done right, this is just another display device recognized in windows. need software that will just convert everything wholesale, OS based. Everything. Then software peeps can go crazy with open, non-proprietary hardware.

• spyknee
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #7 by spyknee Replied by spyknee on topic CV1 injection
So took the CV1 update.
Now it shows up as a display in NVidia and Aces High video settings. Only its as 4K res numbers....

anyways interesting, maybe a door for reshade, some.......... how...........................

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.