How to uninstall ReShade ?

• kronkdark
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #1 by kronkdark How to uninstall ReShade ? was created by kronkdark
How to uninstall ReShade ?
I installed ReShade mod on The Witcher 3 and now my game crash everytime and unplayable. ( sorry for my bad English )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• thalixte
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #2 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic How to uninstall ReShade ?
Simply delete or rename dxgi.dll. What is the error message ?
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by thalixte.

• Mobeeuz
More
5 years 9 months ago #3 by Mobeeuz Replied by Mobeeuz on topic How to uninstall ReShade ?

• thalixte
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #4 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic How to uninstall ReShade ?
Thks for the post. Exhaustive solution, but it is just necessary to delete the dll file created by the reshade setup. Deleting the .ini files and the reshade-shaders folder could be usefull only if you want to reinstall reshade.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by thalixte.

• Mobeeuz
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #5 by Mobeeuz Replied by Mobeeuz on topic How to uninstall ReShade ?

thalixte wrote: Thks for the post. Exhaustive solution, but it is just necessary to delete the dll file created by the reshade setup. Deleting the .ini files and the reshade-shaders folder could be usefull only if you want to reinstall reshade.

I wanted a "one post to solve them all" for anyone to link to when this question invariably comes up again.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Mobeeuz.

• thalixte
More
5 years 9 months ago #6 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic How to uninstall ReShade ?
Yes, it is a very good idea, but you'd better ask Crosire to see if it is possible to stick it at the top of the threads. Marty Mc Fly also made a great tuto for Reshade 3. Maybe it could be a part of it.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.