copy/paste ready bundled ReShade for Stalkers

• Kaze Niruchi
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #1 by Kaze Niruchi copy/paste ready bundled ReShade for Stalkers was created by Kaze Niruchi
Hi..

Firstly, let me thank you all who made ReShade possible, you just turn my all time favorite games Stalkers series to have graphical enhancements

I've been making this ReShade/MasterEffect presets for Stalker series (mostly for Misery 2.1.1) and put them in ModDB for all Stalkers lovers out there

I only gave out the MasterEffect.h or Reshade.fx file for other people to download.
And gave them links that send them here for the necessary files, like the whole ReShade and Mastereffect addon.

but now I notice some people doesn't understand how to install ReShade in Stalkers Series. which need a bit of special treatment. (putting SweetFX.fx and SweetFX Folder outside of bin after installation). I already tried explaining them in the readme for it installation.. but some still confused.

now, my question is.
could I make a copy/paste bundled ready Reshade for them? plus with my preset ready of course... and with a Readme credits/pointing to this forum and ReShade.me?

thanks for the attentions :)
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by Kaze Niruchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thrl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 1 week ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic copy/paste ready bundled ReShade for Stalkers
I'd prefer if that's not done, since ReShade is still in beta and updates appear rather often. But I can live with it if you don't see another way and credits are given visibly. =)

• Kaze Niruchi
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 week ago #3 by Kaze Niruchi Replied by Kaze Niruchi on topic copy/paste ready bundled ReShade for Stalkers
I understand.. I really excited about the future of ReShade. I believed it might even beats ENB in the end of the year :D

Anw, I will wait for more demands about this.. currently there's a few who were asking about this. some others are more advance in computer ways so they don't need it (we're modding old games after all here xD)

if I eventually do decided to do so later on, I will give a visible credits in the mod post descriptions and in-download readme

once again, me coming from Stalkers communities salutes and thank you :D great job people!

• ThirdNostril
More
9 years 1 week ago #4 by ThirdNostril Replied by ThirdNostril on topic copy/paste ready bundled ReShade for Stalkers
It's a shame reshade doesn't work with the 1.003 update for Lost Alpha :(
Worked just fine under dx10 so long as 10.1 was left disabled under 1.000 but that version has too many game breaking bugs.

• Constantine PC
More
9 years 1 week ago #5 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic copy/paste ready bundled ReShade for Stalkers
I've actually done this for a few games VIA the SweetFX database sfx.thelazy.net/

I know a few others guys have as well with working ReShade versions and a preset that has been tweaked for a individual game.
( I did this for 0.13.1) I really honestly didn't think too much about "is this right is this wrong" and went ahead and did it. I'm pretty used to sharing presets so I didn't think of it as such a big deal.

But, a lot of people had problems without me packaging it like OP said. People would just put it in the wrong location, or would just simply be confused.
I also included a readme Guiding people to the forums for their problems so they can get reported. And gave credits to both Marty and Crosire (it was a master effect reborn preset). Any ways the point of the post is:

People actually had a lot of problems without the packaging, thus I did it. But I also always encourage people to play with stuff on their own. And a lot of guys know what they are doing on the database so it might be a different story on ModDB. I would 100% give credits where they are due. People on the database know I didn't make ReShade or any of the shaderpacks obviously(and if they did for some reason, the readme told them otherwise).

Also i'd like to add at the time newer versions of ReShade were giving me problems with Arma 3(this problem has been resolved since 0.16.x btw). And I didn't want others to have problems as well so I packaged the .dll version that worked flawlessly with the game. I also no longer package presets and for now on will link people to Framework since everything is in one nice big package.

Just my 2c :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.