Clarity Shader Querstion

• Groovex
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #1 by Groovex Clarity Shader Querstion was created by Groovex
Good day! Share your observations if not difficult. How much does your fps decrease if you turn on the Clarity Shader? I tried to turn this setting on and off in different games, but I didn't really understand how much it affects performance. In one game like does not affect, the other is reduced by 10-15 fps. Perhaps this is because of some third-party programs. So I'm wondering how often you use this Shader and how much it reduces your fps?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kaicooper
More
5 years 5 months ago #2 by kaicooper Replied by kaicooper on topic Clarity Shader Querstion
me too..some games no frams drops..some huge diff

• canceralp
More
5 years 5 months ago #3 by canceralp Replied by canceralp on topic Clarity Shader Querstion
I like Clarity, but it drops FPS visibly. @1080p, it's like 3-5 FPS for a 60FPS game.

However, it also depends on the actual FPS and the resolution of the game.

For example, let's say the clarity shader is applied at 5ms time, and your game is running at 50 FPS at that moment without Clarity. That means, every frame is created in 20ms. Now, turn on Clarity and add 5ms, it becomes 25ms for each frame, so the new FPS becomes 40FPS. 20% decrease here

However, imagine playing at 200 FPS (5 ms) for a moment. When you turn on the same Clarity effect, your new FPS will be 100 (5+5=10ms). 50% decrease here. Same effect different FPS reduction.

Since Reshade is 2D scene post processing, the performance impact will be constant per "effect/frame". That means, the higher the FPS the higher the Reshade impact.
The following user(s) said Thank You: klotim, Viper_Joe

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.