Loading Preset .ini Config Outside of ReShade GUI

• IMeganElisabeth
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #1 by IMeganElisabeth Loading Preset .ini Config Outside of ReShade GUI was created by IMeganElisabeth
I’m trying to use a .ini config from another game because the application I want it In will load ReShade but won’t let me config within the app so when I add the .ini file to the folder I have ReShade installed to for the app when I load ReShade it’s still loading default preset.. how can I have my preset config from my other game that I have titled within the folder automatically load instead of the default without choosing it from the ReShade drop down menu GUI within my app? It freezes and the mouse cursor sticks and will no longer move so I cannot even have a second to click the drop down menu to select the preset from the drop down menu. So is there any way I’m able to have it load this preset outside of the GUI? Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by IMeganElisabeth.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daodan
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #2 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic Loading Preset .ini Config Outside of ReShade GUI
In the games folder there is a file named "ReShade.ini" in which you can see the usable preset files and the currently used preset:
[GENERAL]
PresetFiles=C:\path\to\presets\preset0.ini,C:\path\to\presets\preset1.ini,C:\path\to\presets\preset2.ini
CurrentPreset=0
To change the used preset you need to change the number for "CurrentPreset" (don't forget to reload). In this case preset0.ini will be used (the list starts with 0, so the second preset will be 1).

You can also use the keyboard to navigate the ReShade menu and change the settings. But that only works if the window is focused.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Daodan.

• vinkrogel
More
4 years 9 months ago #3 by vinkrogel Replied by vinkrogel on topic Loading Preset .ini Config Outside of ReShade GUI
So with Reshade 4, is there no possible way to automatically "reload" the preset (transparent to the end user)? This was possible in an earlier version by modifying one of the shader .cfg files.

• Marot
More
4 years 9 months ago #4 by Marot Replied by Marot on topic Loading Preset .ini Config Outside of ReShade GUI

vinkrogel wrote: So with Reshade 4, is there no possible way to automatically "reload" the preset (transparent to the end user)? This was possible in an earlier version by modifying one of the shader .cfg files.

As of the recent addition of seri's preset explorer (I can't remember if it was added in 4.2.0 or...), you'll need to give the following variable the full path to the preset:
[GENERAL]
CurrentPresetPath=C:\path\preset.ini
The following have been depreciated in turn:
[GENERAL]
PresetFiles=C:\path\preset.ini
CurrentPreset=0

• vinkrogel
More
4 years 9 months ago #5 by vinkrogel Replied by vinkrogel on topic Loading Preset .ini Config Outside of ReShade GUI
I just tried this. Reshade successfully detects the correct preset, but *only* when launching the game. The preset does not change with the game running.

To confirm, is the correct functionality that the preset would switch in a running game when ReShade.ini has CurretPresetPath updated?

• crosire
More
4 years 9 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Loading Preset .ini Config Outside of ReShade GUI
ReShade does not continuously check for changes to config files anymore, since that hurt performance and is not really needed now that everything is controlled via the ingame UI.
The only way to refresh changes to the config is to press the "Reload" button in the UI (which will reload both config and recompile all shaders).

• vinkrogel
More
4 years 9 months ago #7 by vinkrogel Replied by vinkrogel on topic Loading Preset .ini Config Outside of ReShade GUI
Ah, that's too bad. Thanks for the replies.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.