Question on how ReShade works

• djghostface292
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #1 by djghostface292 Question on how ReShade works was created by djghostface292
I'm entirely new to this and have a question. So I know that generally when you use ReShade what you have to do is open whatever game it is with ReShade and then either create or install your preset for said game. The question is, once you've done this will the preset automatically save with the game, as in will the preset always be active every single time you play the game? The reason I ask is because I like running ALL of my games through Steam's Big Picture mode so I'd like to be able to run it through Big Picture and still have the ReShade mod present rather than having to run the game through ReShade every time I want to play.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
5 years 1 week ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Question on how ReShade works
You do not open the game with ReShade. You install ReShade with the setup tool and from then on out whenever you launch the game (doesn't matter how) ReShade will be applied up until you decide to uninstall it again.

• djghostface292
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 week ago - 5 years 1 week ago #3 by djghostface292 Replied by djghostface292 on topic Question on how ReShade works
Oh really? Every video I’ve seen showed people opening their game with ReShade. That’s weird. Like, to elaborate, they would open ReShade and then a menu would pop up asking them to choose whichever game it is they were going to make a reshade for.

Thanks for your response, though.

EDIT: you are confirming that ReShade will be applied even if I open the game through Steam Big Picture though, right?
Last edit: 5 years 1 week ago by djghostface292.

• Duran.te
More
5 years 1 week ago #4 by Duran.te Replied by Duran.te on topic Question on how ReShade works

djghostface292 wrote: They would open ReShade and then a menu would pop up asking them to choose whichever game it is they were going to make a reshade for.

That's exactly the Setup Tool crosire told you about. You'll just need to run it to install Reshade into a game, then you can use any kind of way to launch your game, Steam's Big Picture included.

• djghostface292
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 week ago #5 by djghostface292 Replied by djghostface292 on topic Question on how ReShade works
Okay I understand now, so ReShade will always be applied once the initial set-up has been completed, that’s great to hear. Thanks for clarifying and thanks to both of you for helping out.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.