Can you add reshade to webrowser video player?

• namns35
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #1 by namns35 Can you add reshade to webrowser video player? was created by namns35
Is there a way to install reshade for a web browser's video player? Specifically youtube?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Shady
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #2 by Shady Replied by Shady on topic Can you add reshade to webrowser video player?
I could install reshade to google chrome. The settings overlay does not show up but I can configure it in the ini file. What filters would be best for removing streaming block artefacts and banding?
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Shady.

• bluechipps
More
4 years 4 months ago #3 by bluechipps Replied by bluechipps on topic Can you add reshade to webrowser video player?
Hey Shady, any chance you could explain how you install reshade to Chrome?

• Shady
More
4 years 3 months ago #4 by Shady Replied by Shady on topic Can you add reshade to webrowser video player?
Like you install reshade to any other game. Use reshade installer and choose e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

• Aztec2012
More
3 years 7 months ago #5 by Aztec2012 Replied by Aztec2012 on topic Can you add reshade to webrowser video player?
I use 4.7 version and black screen appears.
The following user(s) said Thank You: minhthienmap

• minhthienmap
More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #6 by minhthienmap Replied by minhthienmap on topic Can you add reshade to webrowser video player?
Attention: ANGLE D3D11 on Chrome will cause black screen when run Chrome with Reshade.
Attention: MPV.exe hook Reshade with D3D11
 You can run Reshade 4.19 new version at the moment (26/06/2021).
Before install reshade for Chrome.exe.
You need open Chrome -> type chrome://flag on address bar To open "Experiments"
At "Experiments" you search "ANGLE" and then choose D3D9.
After that you can run reshade , select all plugin and install to chrome.exe. 
Open Chrome and you will see Reshade 4.19 on the left top of the chrome.

But but, you can't press Home to open Reshade GUI.
So I will use another games with Reshade 4.19 (Same version) to edit and create preset.  Or you can use Video player like "MPV"
After that, I copy Reshade.ini and Presets folder from  that games or that video player (mpv)  To  My Chrome.exe directory.
Boom. You open Chrome again and see , it load and apply effect that you have set up in another games (or video player mpv).
I hope you enjoy color ehancement or HDR effect for play Videos on Youtube, Facebook,...

Here is some picture
  imgur.com/gallery/5J6uJCG

Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by minhthienmap.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.