Preset protection?

• Cloverfield
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #1 by Cloverfield Preset protection? was created by Cloverfield
Greetings.

I am creating a preset and I would like to know if there is any possibility to protect it against possible copies.

That is, to prevent someone else from knowing my settings in order to use them in a preset of yours.

Because there are quite a few similar presets for the game, I've been editing and editing settings for several days to create an extremely different one and I'd like to prevent it from creating a new "trend" after publishing it :cheer: .
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Cloverfield.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Martigen
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #2 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Preset protection?
No there isn't, and that's a good thing.

That you can even make a preset to make the game look better is thanks to Crosire freely giving away Reshade and making the code available, and shader authors (and there are many) freely giving away their shaders and the code for you to use. You cannot do what you want to do without them freely giving away their work. If you've made a great preset -- excellent, share it and give back to the community that you yourself are benefiting from.

Trust me the work you've put in 'editing settings for several days' pales in comparison to the work to create Reshade and the shaders that we have today. So what if others use your work? You're using the work of others.
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Martigen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, Wicked Sick, Marty McFly, klotim, Uncle Crassius, Viper_Joe, Marot

• Wicked Sick
More
4 years 6 months ago #3 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Preset protection?
When I first saw that topic I thought "What the hell..." and left it alone. But now seeing this reply I wish I were as versed as some people in here haha

• Faustus86
More
4 years 6 months ago #4 by Faustus86 Replied by Faustus86 on topic Preset protection?
I can only agree with the others here.

I have also thought for way's to protect the settings for a multiplayer game, out of fear anyone could use ReShade and try to make a hack/exploit out of it and it could get banned as it happened in PubG. I assume some here know how it feel's when you make an awesome preset for an online game and the first 10 reactions you get are "Can you get banned for that? Is that legit? Guy's don't download you get banned! etc.". It's ridicules. In the end i had to discard the idea's because of the reason's named above. All you can do is to clear people's mind's, tell them what ReShade is for and what it's not and then hope for the best.

In your case i can fully agree on what Martigen say'd. Share the preset and if it realy becomes a new trend, good for you and the community.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.