Your favorite and underrated effects?

• mileafly
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #1 by mileafly Your favorite and underrated effects? was created by mileafly
These days when I start playing a new game the first thing I do is load in Reshade and apply some settings that instantly makes the game look much much better. My foremost setting to change is a very very slight blue hue in the color matrix that to my eye make any game at least 20% more pretty. I have not seen a game to date that does not look much better with this setting so that is something I always use. Then I use some other settings also if the performance allow it, for example extra anti alias to make things look a bit more smooth etc.

One "underrated" effect that I think not all know about is also "deband". This setting really make a big difference in some game by making some jarred edges in hue where one color goes into another color much smoother. For example the sky at night in Assassins Creed Black Flag looks amazing with deband setting on and no longer has that uneven color where you can see where one color flow into the next.

Another thing I sometimes like to do is to add a very very very slight cinematic border at the bottom and top. Just even an extremely little border somehow still catches that cinematic style that somehow make things prettier to me while at the same time being so little that it does not affect the visual field.

What settings do you use and have you found any settings that might be overlooked? I know there are many many settings and effects to toy with, but I am sure there is some gold nugget in there that I have not found.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by mileafly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Faustus86
More
4 years 6 months ago #2 by Faustus86 Replied by Faustus86 on topic Your favorite and underrated effects?
HDT and ambient light! :lol: :whistle:

I do the most with color grading but one of my newer discovery's is thinfilm.fx wich has some realy nice and colorful effect's without making the image bloomy.
At some point i should try it with custom textures. I think they would make for a very nice "shining" effect on the depth map.

• mileafly
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #3 by mileafly Replied by mileafly on topic Your favorite and underrated effects?

Faustus86 wrote: HDT and ambient light! :lol: :whistle:

I do the most with color grading but one of my newer discovery's is thinfilm.fx wich has some realy nice and colorful effect's without making the image bloomy.
At some point i should try it with custom textures. I think they would make for a very nice "shining" effect on the depth map.

'

Hmm HDT, do you mean HDR? I can't find HDT or thinfilm in my reshade list? :/

• Fu-Bama
More
4 years 6 months ago #4 by Fu-Bama Replied by Fu-Bama on topic Your favorite and underrated effects?
You can find thinfilm.fx in this repo github.com/Fubaxiusz/fubax-shaders
It's an experimental shader. ;)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.