Nvidia Freestyle Reshade Intergration - Is It True

• Dazaster
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #1 by Dazaster Nvidia Freestyle Reshade Intergration - Is It True was created by Dazaster
Just read about.. Intergration
Is it true???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brussell
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #2 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic Nvidia Freestyle Reshade Intergration - Is It True
What the heck! I would like to know this too!
Will this affect the development of the normal standalone release?
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by brussell.

• SpajdrEX
More
4 years 5 months ago #3 by SpajdrEX Replied by SpajdrEX on topic Nvidia Freestyle Reshade Intergration - Is It True
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kumbandit

• Pdguru
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #4 by Pdguru Replied by Pdguru on topic Nvidia Freestyle Reshade Intergration - Is It True
Is this why there have been no updates since May?
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Pdguru.

• Rayman_77
More
4 years 5 months ago #5 by Rayman_77 Replied by Rayman_77 on topic Nvidia Freestyle Reshade Intergration - Is It True
They may even reach an agreement with the creator of reshade

• SpajdrEX
More
4 years 5 months ago #6 by SpajdrEX Replied by SpajdrEX on topic Nvidia Freestyle Reshade Intergration - Is It True

Pdguru wrote: Is this why there have been no updates since May?

There has been a lot of updates on Github over the months
github.com/crosire/reshade
But it's up to crosire to decide when enough changes are worth to make a new official release.

• crosire
More
4 years 5 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Nvidia Freestyle Reshade Intergration - Is It True
ReShade is free and open source and will always stay that way. So calm down everbody. The reason there was no new update is that a lot of new stuff was added which needs testing before a final release. And that takes time. Anybody who follows ReShade's GitHub repository can follow development progress (and there has been a lot of that recently).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, CUBER, Kumbandit, Viper_Joe

• Martigen
More
4 years 5 months ago #8 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Nvidia Freestyle Reshade Intergration - Is It True
Ladies,

Firstly if Crosire receives compensation from Nvidia it is well deserved.

Secondly, Reshade is already part of Freestyle. Freestyle -is- Reshade baked in to Geforce Experience. You can even find Reshade dll(s) in the Nvidia directories. This deal was done a while ago. If you've been using Freestyle you've been using Reshade.

Personally I don't, as I hate GeForce Experience with a vengeance and prefer the much wider range of shaders and flexibility of Reshade. Indeed, as not all shaders work well with all games, it's my understanding Nvidia has wisely chosen to use a subset of shaders rather than support all (as well as integrate shaders from other sources outside Reshade's repository).

Though I do now wonder what that news story was about. Any more details Crosire?

And thanks, as always, the amazing work you do. Every game is 1000% better thanks to Reshade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CUBER, Kumbandit

• Pdguru
More
4 years 5 months ago #9 by Pdguru Replied by Pdguru on topic Nvidia Freestyle Reshade Intergration - Is It True
I agree, Martigen - the creator(s) of Reshade should be able to be rewarded for their hard work. If I have a concern, it's not about that, but the risk this wonderful application will effectively be ended because Nvidia needs people will rely on THEM, even if they never provide the power of Reshade today. It happens all the time across lots of businesses. I remain in hope that is not the case.

• canceralp
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #10 by canceralp Replied by canceralp on topic Nvidia Freestyle Reshade Intergration - Is It True
AMD should be quick and take that move.because they respect what is open source and free.

Imagine AMD simply making a huge donation and Reshade - like code into their Radeon drivers.

1) Reshade will stay FOSS
2) Reshade makers will get a donation they well deserve
3) Online users can use Reshade features in online games without triggering anti-cheat
4) Reshade will be more popular and get more attention, and Shaders.
5) since Nvidia will do the same copy-paste move after AMD, everybody on the market (customers first) will win.

Does anyone know how and where we can start a petition for AMD to adopt Reshade?
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by canceralp. Reason: Added one word
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kumbandit

• lesp4ul
More
3 years 2 weeks ago #11 by lesp4ul Replied by lesp4ul on topic Nvidia Freestyle Reshade Intergration - Is It True
is there any proof of your claim? why everytime nvidia adding feature you need to bring amd?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.