Reshade compiled from source crash at startup

• henrichsmith
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #1 by henrichsmith Reshade compiled from source crash at startup was created by henrichsmith
I managed to compile latest version from source, release 64, but when I use it with a game or even a test application it crashes (corruption in swapchain or random point).
The same games and application works with dll compiled by reshade team 4.7.386, it must be something in visual studio setting but I ve tried some things, I dont find what it can be, someone as faced the problem or solved it?
thanks
regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• henrichsmith
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #2 by henrichsmith Replied by henrichsmith on topic Reshade compiled from source crash at startup
ok I solved the problem and it could be useful for the devs if they read, the problem was the path of the folder in which I put the project, no spaces are allowed or the setup project fail and the reshade dll crash during execution, I dont realize this first time because I dont try to compile setup, maybe if someone want to check why it will resolve better the problem, regard

• crosire
More
3 years 9 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade compiled from source crash at startup
I don't see how building with spaces in the path would break ReShade, but the setup tool build is fixed now for this case. Thanks!

• henrichsmith
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #4 by henrichsmith Replied by henrichsmith on topic Reshade compiled from source crash at startup
I don't know, I dont investigate the problem after it disappears, I'm not a c++ expert but I ve seen it doing things that are really unbeliveable thats why I dont like it.
What I can say is that when I remove the space in the path the dll dont crash the game, I ll try to reproduce with the last update in github
regards

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.