ReShade preventing Print Screen button from working with other apps like ShareX

• Armakoy
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #1 by Armakoy ReShade preventing Print Screen button from working with other apps like ShareX was created by Armakoy
This was working fine until I updated to 4.7.0. I disabled ReShades screenshot button and tried assigning it a different button even though I've always had it set to the Pause button since I never used it, but still doesn't work. I can take screenshots with ShareX or Puush in any other windows besides the one ReShade is running in. Pressing ctrl + prtsc still works fine for taking cropped screenshots via Puush or ShareX. For some reason ReShade is overriding just the Print Screen button and only for the game it's being used on and I can't seem to find out why.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Armakoy
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #2 by Armakoy Replied by Armakoy on topic ReShade preventing Print Screen button from working with other apps like ShareX
ReShade seems to block any button I assign for screenshot in Puush or ShareX, tried changing theirs to something else other than Print Screen and no go.

• crosire
More
3 years 6 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade preventing Print Screen button from working with other apps like ShareX
Which version did it work with?

• Armakoy
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #4 by Armakoy Replied by Armakoy on topic ReShade preventing Print Screen button from working with other apps like ShareX
4.6.1. Which I still had installed for Monster Hunter World so I went and tried it there and it still works fine.

So then I tried reinstalling 4.6.1 for FFXIV, which is the game I'm having the issue with, and it still wouldn't work.

• Armakoy
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #5 by Armakoy Replied by Armakoy on topic ReShade preventing Print Screen button from working with other apps like ShareX
Ok so I think I fixed it. When I updated to 4.7.0 my preset didn't work nor could I bring up the ReShade window so I had googled for a solution and found that I just needed to run ffxivboot.exe as admin. I hadn't thought of it until now, but I tried running Puush and ShareX as admin and now they're working, but that doesn't explain why all their other hotkeys besides "Capture Full Screen" were still working.

Thanks for taking some time crosire.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.