Need some help with the 0.18.5 gamma issue

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #1 by crosire Need some help with the 0.18.5 gamma issue was created by crosire
Would somebody on Windows 8 or higher be so kind to check 0.18.5 again and compile a list of games where gamma looks wrong (screen being a lot lot darker then it should be, much like this: reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/582-sol...ck-1-2?start=12#5554 ). Need to fine some testing objects =).

Thanks a lot in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JBeckman
More
8 years 10 months ago #2 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Need some help with the 0.18.5 gamma issue
I only tried it in Witcher 3 before I learned about the problem and saw that you had reverted it back to 0.18.4 and I then switched back to that but it does have the gamma issue, hopefully others can replicate it too as it would probably get trickier to solve the issue if it varies depending on GPU model or other factors. :)

• MonarchX
More
8 years 10 months ago #3 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Need some help with the 0.18.5 gamma issue
I am off to help, but I only have some many games! I am on Windows 8.1 Pro (fully updated).

• MonarchX
More
8 years 10 months ago #4 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Need some help with the 0.18.5 gamma issue
How do I send PM's in these forums? Anyway, Crosire - I have a Witcher 3 code that I would like to give you (free!) for your efforts. Its no big deal - I didn't pay to get that code :D.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Need some help with the 0.18.5 gamma issue
That would be extremly useful in getting the key input bug fixed, thanks =). The forums itself do not provide a PM function, but you can contact me in private over Steam or Skype (same name).

• MonarchX
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #6 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Need some help with the 0.18.5 gamma issue
Added you on Steam - same name - MonarchX.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by MonarchX.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire

• padolamap
More
8 years 10 months ago #7 by padolamap Replied by padolamap on topic Need some help with the 0.18.5 gamma issue
Yesterday I tested in FSX and Prepar3D and I had the problem to see everything darker but not totally dark

• MonarchX
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #8 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Need some help with the 0.18.5 gamma issue
D3D11 Games that have the gamma issue with ReShade 0.18.5 Framework version:
Witcher 3 - x64 DXGI
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Director's Cut) - x86 DXGI
Mortal Kombat X - x64 DXGI
Wasteland 2 (D3D11 Renderer) - x86 DXGI

Battlefield 4 produces a DXGI.dll error with 0.18.5 DXGI.dll upon launch, but works fine with 0.18.4 DXGI.dll.

D3D11 Games that do not have the gamma issue with ReShade 0.18.5 Framework version:
DiRT 3: Complete Edition - x86 DXGI
Alien: Isolation - x86 DXGI
GTA V - x64 DXGI

It seems none of the D3D9 games have this issue, at least out of the ones I tested. Probably because this only affects DirectX 10/11 DXGI.DLL, doesn't it? Should I test more D3D9 games?

Do you need to see DXGI.LOG files for games that have the gamma problem?

Has there been progress on this matter? Maybe a trial version of Windows 8.1 can help?

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #9 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Need some help with the 0.18.5 gamma issue
I set up a Windows 10 installation to debug the matter, but have been a little busy lately, which is why there were no news yet. I would be helpful to see the tracelog of the games in that list (specifically the entry with the backbuffer format in the swapchain description).
And yeah, it's a D3D10/11 only thing.

• MonarchX
More
8 years 10 months ago #10 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Need some help with the 0.18.5 gamma issue
Trace what? How do I do that? I only know of LOG files...

• JPulowski
More
8 years 10 months ago #11 by JPulowski Replied by JPulowski on topic Need some help with the 0.18.5 gamma issue

MonarchX wrote: Trace what? How do I do that? I only know of LOG files...

Just rename the extension to .tracelog. (e.g. dxgi.tracelog) :)

• MonarchX
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #12 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Need some help with the 0.18.5 gamma issue
Here's a .zip package with 6 trace logs, one for each of the games I listed (3 games were without the issue and 3 games were with the issue - all were labeled of course). I toggled the effects on and off in several games. I hope that was not a problem. Please let me know if this helped and whether there is something else I can do. If you need alpha / beta-testing, I am your guy!

• MonarchX
More
8 years 10 months ago #13 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Need some help with the 0.18.5 gamma issue
I updated that package with Deus Ex - Human Revolution (Director's Cut) tracelog that I forgot to add earlier. Here's the new link (use this one, not the other one, please).

• MonarchX
More
8 years 10 months ago #14 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Need some help with the 0.18.5 gamma issue
I updated that package with Deus Ex - Human Revolution (Director's Cut) tracelog that I forgot to add earlier. Here's the new link (same as old one).

Games that do not have the gamma issue run slightly faster with 0.18.5 Framework release than with 0.18.4 Framerwork release by some 1-2fps, but still!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.