Any way to hook Reshade to art programs?

• Shregg
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 1 month ago #1 by Shregg Any way to hook Reshade to art programs? was created by Shregg
Hi there, very new to this program and no coding knowledge but from what I can tell, it's the best out there for fine tuning post-processing effects which can compensate monitor uniformity issues.
I wonder if there's any way to hook Reshade to art programs such as Clip Studio Paint? I see AlucardDH kindly made a shader for brightness compensation reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/594...niformity-correction which I would like to try on Clip Studio, but Reshade does not detect it because I assume it's not a video or game.
Is such a thing possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• phexitol
More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #2 by phexitol Replied by phexitol on topic Any way to hook Reshade to art programs?
If the program in question uses OpenGL, Vulcan, or DirectX, you can install Reshade to it just like a game. You will most likely need a second app to modify settings, since DCC apps don't have 'active' windows, but rather 'passive' ones, which means that hitting Home to open the menu will either not work at all, or will cause the app to freeze.

Secondly, you will most likely have to take screenshots of your app window to capture the image with Reshade effects. If you want to know what secondary app to use for controlling Reshade, for OpenGL you can use glWinSimple, downloadable from this link . I have no idea where to get a DirectX equivalent.
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by phexitol. Reason: adding more detailed info
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shregg

• Shregg
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 1 month ago #3 by Shregg Replied by Shregg on topic Any way to hook Reshade to art programs?
Thank you! Unfortunately I don't have the coding skills to use an app to control Reshade with. I took a look at glWinSimple, but all I see is a triangle with a gradient when I run the program and I'm completely clueless haha. Maybe someone with expertise can better use this knowledge.

Also if I'm understanding correctly with the screenshots, does this mean there's no way to use Reshade in realtime like you can with games? I'm interested in creating artwork while Reshade is in "effect" to compensate some uniformity issues. Sadly I'm not sure if Clip Studio is an OpenGL, etc software. I can't find any .dlls indicating that, although it supports 3D assets. Maybe something like Paintstorm can work, I read it supports GPU acceleration...

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.