Need to combine two depth buffers in Nascar Racing 2003

• Skynet
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #1 by Skynet Need to combine two depth buffers in Nascar Racing 2003 was created by Skynet
Hi everybody,
I am ReShading Nascar Racing 2003 and it seems that the game uses two depth buffers.
Leaving everything unchecked in the DX9 tab, i get this buffer (cockpit of the car):

Enabling Copy depth buffer before clear operations I get this other one:
https://imgur.com/4scLL9J

I need to merge them both in order to have some shaders using depth buffer to work correclty, basically the first one multiplied over the second.
Would it be possible in some way? Using ReShade 4.9.1.
Thanks.
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Skynet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daemonjax
More
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #2 by Daemonjax Replied by Daemonjax on topic Need to combine two depth buffers in Nascar Racing 2003
Not 100% sure, but I think you'd have to modify the source code for reshade to expose two depth buffers to the shaders, recompile, then modify each shader that needs depth buffer access to combine the two depth pixels (one from each depth buffer) appropriately when sampled.

Not impossible, but probably harder than you hoped.
Last edit: 3 years 1 week ago by Daemonjax.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.