Tutorial for picking the correct depth of field buffer?

• Kalid
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #1 by Kalid Tutorial for picking the correct depth of field buffer? was created by Kalid
Hi everyone, I'm new around here.

I have been trying for days to make reshade to pick automatically the correct buffer, but no luck so far, and I don't know how to modify the "DepthCopyAtClearIndex", "DepthCopyBeforeClears", and the 5 "DX11_BUFFER_DETECTION" options. I have tried to set values at random, by trial and error, since *I don't know what each one does*, and nothing.

I have the game set to a resolution of 1280x1024, but it seems the internal resolution is 1280x720, and while you are in a menu it uses a buffer with 1024, and ingame uses a different one (always the 3rd one), that is 720, and sometimes another one of 4096x4096 (this one is an aerial view to which you don't have access in the game).

[img
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Kalid.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
2 years 6 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Tutorial for picking the correct depth of field buffer?
Untick "Use aspect ratio heuristics" and it will pick the right one. This is necessary in games where render resolution != display resolution, hence the option.

• Kalid
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago #3 by Kalid Replied by Kalid on topic Tutorial for picking the correct depth of field buffer?
Thanks for your reply. If I untick heuristics, it sometimes picks the 4096 buffer, as I have mentioned (that is used for some shadows). The solution would be making it to ignore that buffer, and yes, unticking heuristics. The problem is I don't know how to make it to ignore/hide it.

Right now I'm simply picking manually the ingame buffer, but as you can guess, I have to do it every time I launch the game, and shows artifacts in the menu.

• Kalid
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago #4 by Kalid Replied by Kalid on topic Tutorial for picking the correct depth of field buffer?
Seeing I won't get any help, I have decided to simply make my own custom build of reshade. I prefered to learn to use that in the official one but well... I guess I was asking for too much.

Thanks again, Crosire, for replying, and for providing us the source code.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.