Framework Mediator Suggestion

• vfxninjaeditor
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #1 by vfxninjaeditor Framework Mediator Suggestion was created by vfxninjaeditor
Hey,

Is there a chance that a function could be implemented into the mediator that connects to backup services like Dropbox and Google Drive so that you can access your presets on multiple computers easily (as well as keeping all your presets safely backed up in the cloud)?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, Tycholarfero

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tycholarfero
More
8 years 10 months ago #2 by Tycholarfero Replied by Tycholarfero on topic Framework Mediator Suggestion
This would be an absolutely excellent idea, if possible.

• klotim
More
8 years 10 months ago #3 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic Framework Mediator Suggestion
If i'm not wrong, they're going to make it available to upload directly to a preset database

• Ganossa
More
8 years 10 months ago #4 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Framework Mediator Suggestion
As long as you have a shared folder for those "backup services" that do not need the mediator to process credentials (like it is possible for DropBox), that is very well possible. Is that something that you would like to have implemented (so basically a setting for your backup folder location which is currently fixed)?

Upload to TheLazy.Net or any other "backup service" through the mediator is currently not on the list because users would not like to type in their credentials in the mediator and I am not sure to guarantee that they are processed and send to the services in a secure enough way. :lol:
However, the mediator prepares a single config file -specifically for TheLazy.Net compatibility- that you can easily upload yourself :side:

• Skypat
More
8 years 10 months ago #5 by Skypat Replied by Skypat on topic Framework Mediator Suggestion
Does it mean that next reshade framework build won't Works anymore with separate .cfg file ?
Like your old standalone GEMFX i used in me EDFX utility before using reshade ?
Thx in advance.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 10 months ago #6 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Framework Mediator Suggestion
@Skypat
I actually thought about something new today but it still has to be announced :side:
So here the currently official answer to the question :P

ReShade Framework will always have separated .cfg files to cope with variable conflicts and to increase the usability for developers.
The separated .cfg files are only combined to follow the simplistic (in a very, very positive way!!) preset model of TheLazy.Net.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.