Question about lighting

• mickevincent
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #1 by mickevincent Question about lighting was created by mickevincent
Hello
I wonder something. With mods for GTA IV(icehancher and so on) you can make the lighting look more like Assassins Creed Unity. Yeah not as good but more like it.
Would it be possible to make a shader with ReShadeFX that actualy adds that kind of light to games? Would it be too demanding? Or maybe just plain impossible?

I have no idea about these things. But if it would be possible, it would be awesome if someone made it :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Constantine PC
More
8 years 9 months ago #2 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic Question about lighting
This is something I was actually going to ask about. About every new game nowadays has a lot better lighting than previous "gen" games.
I was also wondering if this is something one can replicate with existing available shaders. Or it is possible to achieve this look with a different shader.

I actually think the improved lighting in modern games goes a long way to making things look more realistic and if we could replicate that in older games we would be golden.

• crosire
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Question about lighting
Lightning isn't something you can do in a post-processing step. It is done during object rendering, which ReShade does not affect, because every game does it differently.

ENB (Icenhancer is an ENB preset) was able to do this for GTAIV, because it was specifically written for that game, deeply modifying how the game renders. This is not something that can be achieved on a generic level.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: klotim, jas01

• mickevincent
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #4 by mickevincent Replied by mickevincent on topic Question about lighting
I understand. Maybe in the future we will have "shaders" thou that can add ray tracing and such? :) (Like 15 years ahead or so.. )

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.