Games that use the Mono...

• Wicked Sick
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #1 by Wicked Sick Games that use the Mono... was created by Wicked Sick
...engine (is it correct to call it an engine, right?) won't work with ReShade?

Like this one: store.steampowered.com/app/338710

Even though in the description it says that the game use DX9, it will not work. So, I have created different dlls, one fo DX9 and another to opengl, but none bore results.
Be it leaving them in the root folder, where the .exe is, or inside the Urja data or both at the same time (I was desperate).

And I wonder, games that use this Mono stuff will not be compatible with ReShade or am I doing something wrong?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mono_(software)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Zomgerd
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #2 by Zomgerd Replied by Zomgerd on topic Games that use the Mono...
Mono is not an engine per-say it's more of a tool than anything else from what I've read on the wiki. It's purpose is also stated on both the wiki and it's homepage

Wiki: The stated purpose of Mono is not only to be able to run Microsoft .NET applications cross-platform, but also to bring better development tools to Linux developers.

HomePage: Cross Platfrom, open source .Net Framework.

Mono by itself doesn't actually run DirectX or OpenGL from what I can gather, you'd have to build an engine that makes use of Mono or use an engine that already makes use of Mono's components like the Unity Engine.

Edit: Also I don't know that that game actually uses DIrectX or OpenGL. A good chuck of the time games that don't run DX or OpenGL just state generically that you need a DX9 card even if they don't actually use DirectX or OpenGL. The Binding of Isaac (original not Rebirth) is a good example of this, it's a flash made game but it's page states you need a DX9 card.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Zomgerd.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick

• Wicked Sick
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #3 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Games that use the Mono...
Awn, this game would look so much better with blinding bright lights bleeding over everything. Well, it's a pity, really.

EDIT: I recognize your name. I think I have seen you at Guru 3D. You use an avatar with a guy showing his hands like he's saying "I don't know what you are talking about" like when reading this that I am writing right now. That avatar always frightened me.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Wicked Sick.

• Zomgerd
More
8 years 8 months ago #4 by Zomgerd Replied by Zomgerd on topic Games that use the Mono...

Wicked Sick wrote: Awn, this game would look so much better with blinding bright lights bleeding over everything. Well, it's a pity, really.

EDIT: I recognize your name. I think I have seen you at Guru 3D. You use an avatar with a guy showing his hands like he's saying "I don't know what you are talking about" like when reading this that I am writing right now. That avatar always frightened me.

Correct, I don't understand how that image frightens you though, it looks so innocent. xD

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.