• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #1 by crosire 3.4 was created by crosire
Changelog

3.4.0:
  • Moved default location of the UI to the left side of the screen (more similar to how overlays like NVIDIA FreeStyle, Radeon Overlay, Uplay Overlay, ... look like)
  • Added improved D3D10 and D3D11 depth buffer detection techniques thanks to work by Thalixte and el3ment
  • Added clear button to log tab in UI and made log options sticky when scrolling through log text
  • Added annotation to allow shaders to query whether a mouse button was pressed this frame
    uniform bool x < type = "mousebutton"; keycode = 0; mode = "press"; >;
  • Added INI option to disable font scaling via ctrl + mouse wheel
    [GENERAL]
    NoFontScaling=1
  • Added support for ALT key modifier in all keyboard shortcuts
  • Added collapsing support to variable categories in the UI
  • Changed boolean variables to show up as checkboxes in the UI instead of combo boxes
  • Fixed it being impossible to remove technique toggle keys via backspace
  • Fixed D3D10, D3D11 and OpenGL stateblock implementation not restoring scissor rectangles (causing artifacts like parts of the screen missing etc.)
  • Fixed long error message overflowing and being impossible to read in the setup tool
  • Fixed setup tool deleting custom shaders upon update and it duplicating search paths sometimes
  • Removed blinking ":" in the clock so it's less distracting
  • Removed a lot of log messages so the log is shorter, less verbose and easier to understand

3.4.1:
  • Added keyboard shortcut option to reload all effects
  • Added error message to splash screen again when a shader failed to compile
  • Added button to move all active techniques to the top of the list
  • Fixed text input not handling dead chararacters correctly (this fixes special character input in both ReShade and them being ignored in games like FFXIV)
  • Fixed messed up texture data in OpenGL games with non-default pixel storage modes
  • Fixed D3D9 implementation of "tex2Dfetch" intrinsic
  • Fixed invalid added cast in OpenGL effect compiler backend if both types were integral
  • Fixed texture and sampler redefinition errors in D3D9 compiler backend when using textures in both vertex and pixel shader
  • Fix incorrect FPS calculation (thanks to seri14)
  • Changed default width of UI to a fixed value
  • When clicking on the "Log" tab it now automatically scrolls to the bottom
  • Setup now defaults to creating a "ReShade.ini" instead of a module name specific one on new installations
  • Double-clicking the menu window title bar now resets it to the default position and size
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, MrBeer, CeeJay.dk, Pondural, Tom Yum 72, Marty McFly, SpinelessJelly, sajittarius, brussell, conan2k and 60 other people also said thanks.
The topic has been locked.
  • Wicked Sick
More
5 years 9 months ago #2 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic 3.4
Thanks a lot, Crosire, for still be updating ReShade!
  • lowenz
More
5 years 9 months ago #3 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic 3.4
Thanks SO MUCH for the commitment!
  • Tom Yum 72
More
5 years 9 months ago #4 by Tom Yum 72 Replied by Tom Yum 72 on topic 3.4
A BIG Thank you !
  • roger561
More
5 years 9 months ago #5 by roger561 Replied by roger561 on topic 3.4
BIG THANKS !!!!! I LOVE RESHADE
  • Fu-Bama
More
5 years 9 months ago #6 by Fu-Bama Replied by Fu-Bama on topic 3.4
I like it very much.
  • Lifell
More
5 years 9 months ago #7 by Lifell Replied by Lifell on topic 3.4
Thanks for the update :)!
  • Chavolatra
More
5 years 9 months ago #8 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic 3.4
Very thanks for this update

someday DX11 development is return for reshade or dont
  • Sasmira
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #9 by Sasmira Replied by Sasmira on topic 3.4
Hello,

After an update of reshade 3.3.2 to 3.4.0, Bless online crash and stop to work with the new D3D9.DLL

Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Sasmira.
  • x8009
More
5 years 9 months ago #10 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic 3.4

Sasmira wrote: Hello,

After an update of reshade 3.3.2 to 3.4.0, Bless online crash and stop to work with the new D3D9.DLL

ye also the crew 2 , can it be fixed ?
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #11 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 3.4
It's up to BattlEye to whitelist the new version again.
  • Qsimil
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #12 by Qsimil Replied by Qsimil on topic 3.4

Sasmira wrote: Hello,

Reshade now prevents shitty games from running :P :lol:
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Qsimil.
  • arrowflash
More
5 years 9 months ago #13 by arrowflash Replied by arrowflash on topic 3.4
Hi,

I'm not 100% sure since I'm new to ReShade, but I think relative path support is broken in the dx9 version.

I've created very similar presets for 2 games: Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (DX11) and Shantae Risky's Revenge (DX9). Everything worked fine, but for sake of portability, I wanted to use relative paths for the Shaders and Textures folders.

Relative paths work just fine for Pirate's Curse, but Risky's Revenge only works when I use absolute paths. The preset .ini file also isn't located automatically with relative paths on dx9. I tried a few older versions (v3.3.0 and v3.1.2) to see if it was some sort of regression, but got the same results.

Not sure about the OpenGL version since I don't have any games to test it with atm.
  • AssassinsDecree
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #14 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic 3.4

crosire wrote: It's up to BattlEye to whitelist the new version again.

They are SO slow about it. Haven't been able to use anything pass 3.1.2 with any Ubi games using it. Even non-online ones like Far Cry 5. Just evil, lol. Anyway, this update sounds just great, thanks Crosire!
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by AssassinsDecree.
  • JBeckman
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #15 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic 3.4
That's EAC or Easy Anti Cheat, the problem here is due to the solution keeping the whitelist in the game folder so it takes a patch for it to be updated and the thing can't just download the newest "definition" file from their server or something.
(The files in the certificates folder.)

When possible I just forego multiplayer and rip that stuff out, it'll disable online play but I'm not too big on it anyway though this isn't a solution for everyone.
Nor does it work in every game, For Honor uses a server side check for example so removing EAC prevents logging in and playing the game, Wildlands and Far Cry 5 in turn either lack or have checks against disabling the thing even if disabling it then also removes online so it needs altering the files a bit to undo those.

And early on Watch_Dogs 2 and a few others had "-eac_launcher" or variants thereof to disable it without going to these lengths, I preferred that but apparently it must have been exploitable or something because that switch seems all but gone now in current games using Easy Anti Cheat.

Far Cry 5 is pretty heavily invested online though, arcade and the entire silver bar currency even if co-op and multiplayer itself isn't too big, weekly challenges and unlocks as well. (Some outfits usually but they finally also unlocked the desert eagle, bp2 and beretta and the next should start in about an hour with the unpacked game files providing some clues to what's left, like the MG.)

EDIT: And of course once game support is done with and over there will be no newer whitelist files so you have to remove it to use newer versions of ReShade or other utilities with the game, one of the bigger drawbacks to that setup really.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by JBeckman.
  • MonarchX
More
5 years 9 months ago #16 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic 3.4
"Added improved D3D10 and D3D11 depth buffer detection techniques thanks to work by Thalixte and el3ment"

Does that mean Witcher 3 can now have MXAO without having to disable in-game temporal AA?
  • Kyokushinoyama
More
5 years 9 months ago #17 by Kyokushinoyama Replied by Kyokushinoyama on topic 3.4
Thanx so much for this update. :)
  • zoidbun
More
5 years 9 months ago #18 by zoidbun Replied by zoidbun on topic 3.4
Hey, neither chrome or edge will let me download the installer because it recognizes it as a virus. What gives?
  • Deyrax
More
5 years 9 months ago #19 by Deyrax Replied by Deyrax on topic 3.4
Same issue, has never happened before with the previous versions of Reshade.
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #20 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 3.4
It actually has happened in every one of them, since the installer was introduced. It takes a few days for the file to become popular enough that some antivirus no longer see it as suspicious. But you can always verify with VirusTotal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: YEG
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.