• crubino
More
4 years 5 months ago #81 by crubino Replied by crubino on topic 4.4.2
Hi Crosire,
I just want to report that now with v4.4.2, Remedy's Control run so fine in both version (DX11 and DX12). Woohooo... I'm so happy now! :)

Thanks for your quick update support.

Cheers,
Chris
The topic has been locked.
  • Wicked Sick
More
4 years 5 months ago #82 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic 4.4

thalixte wrote:

Dazaster wrote: No Man's Sky post:
I don't know what the launcher is for No Man's Sky, just Steam or the .exe.
Unable to get Reshade to run at all under Vulkan, not with Steam, the .exe or the .bat file.

For a laugh, I re-ran the setup and chose opengl. Yes I am quite aware it uses Vulkan

Reshade loaded. Not all effects work, but quite a few do.

Took a screenshot through Reshade.

Got this instead:

Do not encounter this pb. For me, Reshade v4.4.2 + NMS beyond works fine (Gog version). Depth buffer works also fine.

I can only assume this is a problem with the Steam version of No Man's Sky. it doesn't work for me, I don't get even a log file.
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #83 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 4.4
It's not a problem with the game. If you launch a game exe that is registered with Steam, Steam tends to kill the process and restart it from within its own environment. But the batch file sets environment variables necessary for ReShade to enable and those will be lost when Steam restarts the game. A way to get around that is to set those environment variables globally or to launch Steam via the batch and then launch the game through Steam.
  • Wicked Sick
More
4 years 5 months ago #84 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic 4.4
And can I do that, Crosire?
  • PatrickJr
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #85 by PatrickJr Replied by PatrickJr on topic 4.4
I launched via Launcher_with_reshade.bat for RDR2 but I either get Error 18 or it does not inject. or it could be just me being a moron.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by PatrickJr.
  • anixcool
More
4 years 5 months ago #86 by anixcool Replied by anixcool on topic 4.4
Is there any chance to fix Alan Wake compatibility?
  • eduardcomando
More
4 years 5 months ago #87 by eduardcomando Replied by eduardcomando on topic 4.4
Arma 3 Error
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #88 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 4.4
Logs or it didn't happen.
  • vackillers
More
4 years 5 months ago #89 by vackillers Replied by vackillers on topic 4.4

crosire wrote: It's not a problem with the game. If you launch a game exe that is registered with Steam, Steam tends to kill the process and restart it from within its own environment. But the batch file sets environment variables necessary for ReShade to enable and those will be lost when Steam restarts the game. A way to get around that is to set those environment variables globally or to launch Steam via the batch and then launch the game through Steam.

thanks so much. was finally able to get No Mans Sky to work with steam by shutting down steam n just launch the game via the bat file n just let steam re launch on its own. It allowed the hook to load n finish the install. Just loading via the NMS shortcut works even without launch the bat file. VERY VERY greatful for the insane amount of work that went into making it Vulcan compatible.
  • Wicked Sick
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #90 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic 4.4

crosire wrote: It's not a problem with the game. If you launch a game exe that is registered with Steam, Steam tends to kill the process and restart it from within its own environment. But the batch file sets environment variables necessary for ReShade to enable and those will be lost when Steam restarts the game. A way to get around that is to set those environment variables globally or to launch Steam via the batch and then launch the game through Steam.

Though the last few days, I have been in contact with another user of this forums, vackillers, who was also having issues to use ReShade with NMS. We were sharing experiences in hope to help each other to be able to play the game with ReShade enabled and just a few moments ago, he sent me a message telling me how to make it work.

I just had to close Steam entirely then launch the game through the bat, it would run Steam then the game and ReShade should hook and so it did.

Thanks a lot everyone and just letting it here in case for those that need or care.

EDIT: Should have refreshed the page first haha
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Wicked Sick.
  • PatrickJr
More
4 years 5 months ago #91 by PatrickJr Replied by PatrickJr on topic 4.4

crosire wrote: Logs or it didn't happen.

pastebin.com/ac1tXzbq

i.imgur.com/9uqG3Ie.png
  • Birdy62
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #92 by Birdy62 Replied by Birdy62 on topic 4.4

Is it why Rage 2 is always lauching twice when i use the .bat file ? I tried to close steam before using the .bat, but with the same result ..
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Birdy62.
  • Mdma
More
4 years 5 months ago #93 by Mdma Replied by Mdma on topic 4.4
Vulkan Reshade just doesn't work. The .bat file loads into the games (Rage 2, RPCS3 Vulcan, The Surge 2) and nothing happens. Tested on two graphics cards: Radeon RX480 and RX580.
  • JBeckman
More
4 years 5 months ago #94 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic 4.4
It's very game or software specific, I can't speak for RPCS3 but I do know Rage 2 was a problem case and Surge 2 has some oddities too though I am curious as to what works and what breaks or rather why and if there's differences between AMD and NVIDIA like some of the layers used or methods for initializing Vulkan and it's various extensions depending on what the title in question uses.

No Man's Sky seems like a good test case whether it works at all and later updates can hopefully see compatibility improve though despite some games like Surge 2 having (Well had, until the patch started reigning it in.) almost developer like capabilities for logging and dumping data I never managed to get anything good from that so I'm still unsure what causes it to break specifically.

Rage 2 however is a bit all over the place sometimes stable sometimes unstable and the game maintains it's own separate cache / pipeline split from AMD/NVIDIA shader caching and if enabled the Steam shader cache so deleting that has proven helpful but sometimes ini editing is needed and sometimes a restart of the Steam client it's just kinda problematic overall which I doubt helps with ReShade compatibility much.
  • Zireael
More
4 years 5 months ago #95 by Zireael Replied by Zireael on topic 4.4
@Crosire

Any way to use Reshade with Red Dead 2 Vulkan?

You said to install it to the Launcher rather than the game, this works since Reshade injects and works correctly, but the game doesn't even let you get into the main menu, saying that the Social Club graphics overlay failed to initialize.
  • Birdy62
More
4 years 5 months ago #96 by Birdy62 Replied by Birdy62 on topic 4.4

Mdma wrote: Vulkan Reshade just doesn't work. The .bat file loads into the games (Rage 2, RPCS3 Vulcan, The Surge 2) and nothing happens. Tested on two graphics cards: Radeon RX480 and RX580.

It's working quite well for me in No Mans Sky et Rage2 (except the double loading problem for Rage 2). In game, the effects are applied (1080 ti)
  • Horus
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #97 by Horus Replied by Horus on topic 4.4

crosire wrote: Logs or it didn't happen.

Arma 3 log for that error pastebin.com/pVUNU7Jx

edit:
This is log from working v4.2 pastebin.com/Fvzvbius

edit 2:
This log file have 1 more warning line pastebin.com/ytkDL99J

11:25:21:094 [03720] | WARN | Ignoring LoadLibrary("IPHLPAPI.DLL") call to avoid possible deadlock.

Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Horus. Reason: add new log file
  • lowenz
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #98 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic 4.4
Is it possible to add a framerate limiter in the next versions?

Like this: reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/4600...tx-9-12?limitstart=0
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by lowenz.
  • Zacam
More
4 years 5 months ago #99 by Zacam Replied by Zacam on topic 4.4
Can't the GPU Driver limit the Framerate? And wouldn't that be far less intensive to do at the GPU level, especially in relation to interaction with the Engine itself?
  • lowenz
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #100 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic 4.4

Zacam wrote: Can't the GPU Driver limit the Framerate? And wouldn't that be far less intensive to do at the GPU level, especially in relation to interaction with the Engine itself?

Of course but Frame Rate Control Target on AMD GPUs fails often.....so you still need a third party application to do that.

My solution is to use Radeon Chill with min=max=X FPS but maybe ReShade itself can do something similar to RTSS framerate limiter.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by lowenz.
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.