• dark1970
More
2 years 5 months ago #81 by dark1970 Replied by dark1970 on topic 4.9
there is no definition of the depth buffer in the game Forza Horizon 5 at all! can you somehow fix it in the future?
The topic has been locked.
  • blackshine
More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #82 by blackshine Replied by blackshine on topic 4.9
reshade doesn't work in I installed reshade in Special K but the game is still running in the background.

**  Special K works before reshade is set in plug-in, but when reshade is enabled it is as shown in the picture. **

Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by blackshine.
  • joshmiller83
More
2 years 5 months ago #83 by joshmiller83 Replied by joshmiller83 on topic 4.9

Hey Crosire, bug to report I think --

In both The Long Dark and the recently released Legend Of Keepers, the intro video and any in-game video cutscenes (that is, not rendered real-time) display at roughly 1fps, skipping and pausing and becoming unwatchable. Removing Reshade, the videos play normally.

Both games are Unity based. Both games are loading the videos as .mp4 files.

This is with the current 4.9.1 release.

@CROSIRE

Could we get a response on this bug?

This is also happening in other Unity games and I cannot watch any cutscene with ReShade running!

Disciples: Liberation and Gloomhaven BOTH have this issue!

I get that development on 5.0 is happening but 4.9.1 has bugs causing issues right now, presently, currently.

Can we get a fix or info on how to fix?

Thank you! HUGE FAN of ReShade!!! ;)
  • Martigen
More
2 years 5 months ago #84 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic 4.9
Just want to add that this impacts Darkest Dungeon 2 as well. Seems to be a growing list probably related to Unity engine version.
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 5 months ago #85 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 4.9
Finally managed to reproduce this. Turns out it doesn't happen on Windows 7, only on Windows 10. Still was one hell of a bug to figure out, but a few hours walking through assembly code later I got there finally. Fix is not great, but does the job for now ( github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/77f62b...6a1f569558d054769e64 ).
So video playback in Unity engine games will be fixed in ReShade 5.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pondural, Martigen, Tojkar, Shodan, AlucardDH, YF
  • Martigen
More
2 years 5 months ago #86 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic 4.9
Ahh awesome @Crosire, you're a legend!

Out of interest, in layman's terms if possible, what was the bug causing the video files to play like this? Just curious :)
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 5 months ago #87 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 4.9
Difficult to describe this in simple terms, since it's not a simple issue. Unity uses the Media Foundation library to render videos, which on every frame of the video that is to be decoded, checks whether the device that was used to create the texture the frame should be decoded into matches the device it was initialized with. This failed, since querying the device from a texture gives you the original device object of the driver, while the device Unity initialized the Media Foundation library with is the hooked device it got from ReShade. Unity does not seem to handle the error returned by the Media Foundation library though, so all you got was a frozen screen or a frame every now and then if you got lucky. Fix now adds a workaround that detects when the Media Foundation library is initialized with the hooked device from ReShade and makes it use the original device object of the driver in that case, so that any future checks that compares it against the one queried from textures will succeed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick
  • ExodusV
More
2 years 3 months ago #88 by ExodusV Replied by ExodusV on topic 4.9
Thanks! Also I want to mention that using Reshade on Halo Infinite only works when you remove the Intro video file.

I've been noticing how a lot of intro files in recent games are preventing the game on launching. So maybe that was related to the Windows 10 issue?
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.