Can i use DOF with logarithmic depth buffer?

• kaka1990
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #1 by kaka1990 Can i use DOF with logarithmic depth buffer? was created by kaka1990
Hello guys, i'm trying to use DOF in dead or alive 5 last round.

It like this when i toggle logarithmic depth buffer.

Then i toggle DOF with default setting.

Looks like DOF did not use logarithmic depth buffer. So can i use DOF with logarithmic DB?
Thanks for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Radion
More
8 years 3 months ago #2 by Radion Replied by Radion on topic Can i use DOF with logarithmic depth buffer?
Why do you think it is not using the logarithmic DB?
To me it just looks like the focus point is somewhere behind the characters, but it is defo using it imo.

• kaka1990
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #3 by kaka1990 Replied by kaka1990 on topic Can i use DOF with logarithmic depth buffer?
I thought the near plane will focus on black pixels and the far plane focus on white pixels, so i can turn off autofocus and keep characters clear. Maybe i do something wrong?

• crosire
More
8 years 3 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Can i use DOF with logarithmic depth buffer?
It focuses on where you set it to focus. By default autofocus is enabled with the focus point in the middle on the screen, so in your case it will focus on the background. You probably want to enable manual focus to set the near and far plane yourself for that game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kaka1990

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.