About Nvidia Sharpen

• sanek7814
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago #1 by sanek7814 About Nvidia Sharpen was created by sanek7814
Hi everyone, nvidia freestyle has a "Details" subsection and it has a sharpen function. This function could also be activated in the Nvidia control panel. I would like to know if this type of sharpness can be added to the reshade? I know that there are already several types of sharpness in the reshade, but the sharpness from nvidia is the best according to my testing. It does not create artifacts and is to some extent better than CAS by AMD which was ported to the reshade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rj200
More
2 years 2 months ago #2 by rj200 Replied by rj200 on topic About Nvidia Sharpen
I'm guessing it might be the same as NVSharpen? Open source code can be found here:
github.com/NVIDIAGameWorks/NVIDIAImageScaling

(Docs say to set NIS_SCALER=0 to make it sharpen only and not scale.)

It's for integrating in games, but one could probably port it to ReShade.

• sanek7814
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago #3 by sanek7814 Replied by sanek7814 on topic About Nvidia Sharpen
Maybe it will be possible to port it, but I don't know how and I don't know a person who would like to do this.

• odikzz2
More
2 years 1 month ago #4 by odikzz2 Replied by odikzz2 on topic About Nvidia Sharpen
Yah i want Details.fx to ported to reshade too if someone will do it.

• YF
More
1 year 11 months ago #5 by YF Replied by YF on topic About Nvidia Sharpen
I can try it from Magpie.

• sanek7814
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago #6 by sanek7814 Replied by sanek7814 on topic About Nvidia Sharpen
It would be great, then add it to github. I think people will like it.

• YF
More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #7 by YF Replied by YF on topic About Nvidia Sharpen
NVSharpen
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by YF.
The following user(s) said Thank You: odikzz2

• sanek7814
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago #8 by sanek7814 Replied by sanek7814 on topic About Nvidia Sharpen
I get an error when compiling
Error x3020: cannot convert these types (from float to float[5])

• YF
More
1 year 11 months ago #9 by YF Replied by YF on topic About Nvidia Sharpen
Which version you use?I use 5.1.0 and no error

• lordbean
More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #10 by lordbean Replied by lordbean on topic About Nvidia Sharpen
It's an array access violation. I'm not strictly sure it should be compiling successfully on 5.1.0 either, although it seems to. Correction that makes it compile on 4.9.1:
float interp0Deg[5];
{
[unroll]
for (int i = 0; i < 5; ++i) {
interp0Deg[i] = p[i+10];
}
}
rval.x = EvalUSM(interp0Deg, sharpnessStrength, sharpnessLimit);
// 90 deg filter
float interp90Deg[5];
{
[unroll]
for (int i = 0; i < 5; ++i) {
interp90Deg[i] = p[2+5*i];
}
}

Edit: this fix is probably actually present already in YF's ported code. If you look closely though, the forum's BBcode is interpreting the array reference tag to mean "start italics here" and removing it. Using the code header instead of the spoiler header fixes that.
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by lordbean.
The following user(s) said Thank You: YF, odikzz2

• sanek7814
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #11 by sanek7814 Replied by sanek7814 on topic About Nvidia Sharpen
Thanks to lordbean for the fix. I used version 5.1.0 in saints row 4 (dx 10 or 11)
P.S Either it's a bug, or it's a sharpness feature from nvidia. The fact is that, for example, when using CAS or DELC, the sharpness goes all over the picture (even houses in the distance become visible) In the case of nvidia sharpen, these very houses are not visible. As if sharpness is added only to nearby objects.
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by sanek7814.
The following user(s) said Thank You: odikzz2

• odikzz2
More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #12 by odikzz2 Replied by odikzz2 on topic About Nvidia Sharpen
Code for Details.fx

Details.yaml

Details.yfx
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by odikzz2.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sanek7814

• sanek7814
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 4 months ago #13 by sanek7814 Replied by sanek7814 on topic About Nvidia Sharpen
Can anyone make a port for reshade? The code is available, but I do not know how to work with it.

• odikzz2
More
1 year 3 months ago #14 by odikzz2 Replied by odikzz2 on topic About Nvidia Sharpen
If this Shader gets ported i don't need nvidia freestyle anymore since it limited supported by games.

• b1es
More
1 year 3 months ago #15 by b1es Replied by b1es on topic About Nvidia Sharpen
lets hope someone does the porting

HDR Toning is really good

• odikzz2
More
1 year 3 months ago #16 by odikzz2 Replied by odikzz2 on topic About Nvidia Sharpen
I already talk to BlueSkyDefender for port but we need to patience since his busy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: b1es

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.