Best Sharpness Filter for 2023. What do you choose?

• sanek7814
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 1 week ago #1 by sanek7814 Best Sharpness Filter for 2023. What do you choose? was created by sanek7814
Hi all, I would like to know which sharpening filter you prefer and why. At the moment there are many sharpening filters, I highlight only two, CAS (port of course) and glamarye. Both sharpening filters can be called perfect, but still one of them would be better.
By the way, there is something to think about, in my opinion dying light 2 uses adaptive sharpening.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• YF
More
11 months 3 weeks ago - 11 months 3 weeks ago #2 by YF Replied by YF on topic Best Sharpness Filter for 2023. What do you choose?
deblur cas adaptivesharpen
Last edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by YF.

• Tojkar
More
11 months 1 week ago #3 by Tojkar Replied by Tojkar on topic Best Sharpness Filter for 2023. What do you choose?
Surface Blur with negative strength values. That produces very crisp sharpening with little to no haloing and not over sharpening at low contrast areas.

• odikzz2
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #4 by odikzz2 Replied by odikzz2 on topic Best Sharpness Filter for 2023. What do you choose?
CAS + Deblur + Surfaceblur

• Path Tracing
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #5 by Path Tracing Replied by Path Tracing on topic Best Sharpness Filter for 2023. What do you choose?
iMMERSE Sharpen by Pascal Gilcher (Marty Mcfly) and to be honest that guy is some kind of wizard, how he does i'll never know but his work makes games look incredible, like how does he do it?

• 0CCULT
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #6 by 0CCULT Replied by 0CCULT on topic Best Sharpness Filter for 2023. What do you choose?
AdaptiveSharpen & Lord of Lunacy's SharpContrast are my go-to; SharpContrast most of the time. AMD CAS picks up too much noise for my taste.

LumaSharpen if I need to squeeze every frame I can get, I prefer it over CAS.

To my knowledge LumaSharpen is a very simple Unsharp Mask-type filter but I think the controls/settings are extremely fine-tuned to make it easy to get a good result in any game.

Intel has a sharpening filter in their Windows' drivers which seems competent but quite subtle so it's difficult to compare to competitors like CAS (not counting Nvidia as I personally hate their sharpening filters)

• The Iron Wolf
More
4 months 2 weeks ago #7 by The Iron Wolf Replied by The Iron Wolf on topic Best Sharpness Filter for 2023. What do you choose?
My current choice is iMMERSE Pro Clarity effect. The reson is that unlike other sharpening effects it does not add aliasing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yarushin

• sanek7814
  • Topic Author
More
4 months 1 week ago #8 by sanek7814 Replied by sanek7814 on topic Best Sharpness Filter for 2023. What do you choose?
Not so long ago I tested different types of sharpening in the game Half Life Lost Coast, where at any sharpening the picture became ugly. I had to take shaders from nvidia, namely HDR mixed with a minus value of bloom, thus I got something like a clarity filter but better that-ly. The filter that I made resembles removefog but in some very light degree, without creating artifacts.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.