Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL

• ShoterXX
More
7 years 2 months ago #241 by ShoterXX Replied by ShoterXX on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
I managed to make MXAO work at my native resolution through "brute force", and polygons now get smoothed properly with smoothed normals on. Maybe scale issues?
The topic has been locked.
  • Irkie500
More
7 years 1 month ago #242 by Irkie500 Replied by Irkie500 on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
Marty is MXAO 2.0 included in Reshade 3.0.6 or do we need to DL this and move it over to reshade ourselves?
  • crosire
More
7 years 1 month ago #243 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
You can update shaders with ReShade's setup tool and will get MXAO 2.0.
  • Irkie500
More
7 years 1 month ago #244 by Irkie500 Replied by Irkie500 on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL

crosire wrote: You can update shaders with ReShade's setup tool and will get MXAO 2.0.

Crosire would you mind expanding on that? I just recently started to use 3.0 so I am still a little new to the features. When I do a fresh install on a new game it asks if I want to download the shader packs, and I always agree. Are you saying that the install tool can be used to download updated versions of those shaders, should they be updated after the initial install?

Again I just recently started using 3.0 so I am pretty sure I have already been using MXAO 2.0, just want to be sure :)
  • crosire
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #245 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
Just use the same tool to "reinstall" ReShade (it will ask if you want to overwrite, click yes). It will then go ahead and update the shader files. MAXO has been officially updated in the repository 23 days ago.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by crosire.
  • Arthandas
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #246 by Arthandas Replied by Arthandas on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
How can I prevent the issue of mxao making UI elements transparent like in this screen (Ys Origin):
[img

I'm using ReShade 3.0.6 with default mxao settings.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Arthandas.
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #247 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
UI is not "transparent" there, it's only that the UI is not visible in depth buffer so AO is generated from geometry data behind the UI and applied on top of the UI. Nothing to be done about that except static mask.
  • SilentPrayerCG
More
7 years 4 weeks ago #248 by SilentPrayerCG Replied by SilentPrayerCG on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
What mean tooltip of IL parameter "add SSIL in preproccesor section"?
What exactly i should add? I can't find anything in google about that.
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 weeks ago #249 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
Download MXAO 2.0 from the 1st page of this thread and read the PDF that comes with it. I explained there how to enable IL in the preprocessor section of the UI, with pictures ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SilentPrayerCG
  • SilentPrayerCG
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #250 by SilentPrayerCG Replied by SilentPrayerCG on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL

Marty McFly wrote: Download MXAO 2.0 from the 1st page of this thread and read the PDF that comes with it. I explained there how to enable IL in the preprocessor section of the UI, with pictures ;)

Oh. I'm downoaded it from github.
And there is pdf included.
Ok, thx! :)
  • SilentPrayerCG
More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #251 by SilentPrayerCG Replied by SilentPrayerCG on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
Well i managed add IL in preprocessor section.
Checked it on new 1070 card, in Dead Space 2.

Works fine, with 60 fps. Only sad thing, that it effect renders over final game image.
Of course i understand how it works, and it need more deep integration in certain game to make draw AO before some fog or particles.
Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by SilentPrayerCG.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marty McFly
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #252 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
If I had deeper engine integration and access to more things, I could do some crazy shit :silly:
Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by Marty McFly.
  • NoMansReshade
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #253 by NoMansReshade Replied by NoMansReshade on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #254 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
???

You're asking for a buffer that holds depth and some other info. And then? What has this to do with MXAO? MXAO already uses a G-Buffer of some sort, it has a dedicated normal texture (alpha channel for AO sample jitter) and a linear scaled depth texture....?
Do you mean, having a G-Buffer available globally? Not useful, because different shaders might have different requirements, like the normal generation of MXAO and PiratyKitty's shaders for example are entirely different. If you need such data, create it yourself in your shader, just like I do in MXAO. You can't do much else besides adding normal buffer to the default set of color and depth.
Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by Marty McFly.
  • NoMansReshade
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #255 by NoMansReshade Replied by NoMansReshade on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
Okay... To be honest, I would LOVE to see Reshade become an ENB alternative... What we need is to inject shaders into the graphical processors, instead of intercepting the backbuffer, and overlaying them. Having the ability to transfer shaders from game to game with little to no issues is nice, and we can still maintain that aspect; However, I would love to have the option to go deeper into the engine if I so choose. This is what I hope comes of the source code being openly available. But alas, we stand here 4 months later and still only 3 contributers... With time, I hope!

P.S: Sorry for the confusion, I was referencing this entry by Unity: docs.unity3d.com/Manual/GraphicsCommandBuffers.html
(Which might still be useful for Unity games, IDK...)
  • SoZ
More
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #256 by SoZ Replied by SoZ on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
I just wanted to say thank you for a great tool. I'm very new to Reshade and have enjoyed seeing what's possible with Reshade 3.0 over the last week or so.

I have not encountered any issues with MXAO in those titles I have tried where access to the depth buffer has been available, but I am using the shader in a configuration I have not seen mentioned elsewhere. I therefore thought I'd share it in case it is useful to anyone or inspires new features.

Nothing fancy - all I'm doing is running MXAO twice. My issue with the AO produced by default was that I could either run the shader with a large sample radius, which produced a very pleasant shadow effect on larger objects such as buildings, or I could run it with a smaller sample radius to add AO to smaller, more detailed objects. I'm only interested in screenshots, so the FPS hit doesn't bother me. Anyway, sample images below.

Warning: Spoiler!

Of course, if there is a way to get a similar effect in one pass that I have overlooked, please let me know!
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by SoZ.
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #257 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
The problem with running MXAO twice is that all data (normal texture, linearized depth texture, color texture mipmapped) and the blur & combine passes run twice. It's mor efficient to just run the AO generation pass twice. I might add something like this but the problem is that it complicates the shader more and more, the more values are added. What's reasonable is a second radius param and maybe a sample count param.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NattyDread, SoZ
  • NattyDread
More
7 years 3 days ago #258 by NattyDread Replied by NattyDread on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
That would be great if possible.
I often find myself wanting to have 2 different radius sizes and was doing that all the time before when you could run 2 AO methods simultaneously. I did it even recently in rsh 2 when we had to "plug" MXAO in Reshade.fx Ofc, the performance impact was immense.

Do you play on adding some sort of HDR output support? I just tried running MXAO (resahde 3) in Mass Effect Andromeda in HDR mode and most of the bright tones get cutoff, like you applied some sort of tonemapping or filmicpass to it.
It could be a question for Crosire tho...
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 days ago #259 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
I thought ReShade color input was LDR only?
  • crosire
More
7 years 3 days ago #260 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL

Marty McFly wrote: I thought ReShade color input was LDR only?

It is.
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.