Simple Light Leak Shader

• TreyM
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #1 by TreyM Simple Light Leak Shader was created by TreyM
This is my first shader, so go easy. I'm no pro. What this shader is doing is emulating the effect of light leaks from a cheap camera/lens. It uses 6 textures which are then rotated and flipped to give 12 total variations.

You can adjust the width of the beam, the hue, and the overall intensity/transparency of the effect.

The textures are not the best quality, but I was trying to keep the file size small. If requested I can make some higher quality textures.

Shader with textures: Mediafire link

Shader code:
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by TreyM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, piltrafus, WalterDasTrevas, Ryukou36, GP-Unity, Rudy102, AssassinsDecree, 8qX6a6mQhWSUBycMHgr7wgXCoTATys

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Deathmedic
More
5 years 8 months ago #2 by Deathmedic Replied by Deathmedic on topic Simple Light Leak Shader
looks good, though it's a bit to static I think, if it reacted to brightness it would be great.

• TreyM
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #3 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic Simple Light Leak Shader
It's not meant for gameplay. It's meant for static screenshots. In the real world, light leaks are not static images, so this is not designed to work for moving imagery.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.