DOF+different UI masks

• Alexander_B
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #1 by Alexander_B DOF+different UI masks was created by Alexander_B
Hello people!! Sorry for my bad English, but I try to explain what I want and what I do.
I play different games with Depth Of Field by Marty McFly and use this effect with UI Mask texture. Different games have different UI layout, so I changed file \ReShade\Shaders\Ganossa\Textures\uiMask.png with another painted UI mask for another game every time. I can't to define different UI mask textures for every game in his preset in REshade Assistant and I try to fix this lack.
BACKUP YOUR RESHADE FOLDER!! And let's begin...
1) Open file \ReShade\Shaders\Ganossa\uiMask.fx and find this string:
texture uiMaskTex < source = "ReShade/Shaders/Ganossa/Textures/uiMask.png"; > { Width = 1920; Height = 1080; MipLevels = 1; Format = RGBA8; };
And change it:
texture uiMaskTex < source = "ReShade/Shaders/Ganossa/Textures/ui_masks/" uiMaskTexture; > { Width = 1920; Height = 1080; MipLevels = 1; Format = RGBA8; };
2) Create folder \ReShade\Shaders\Ganossa\Textures\ui_masks\ and bring file uiMask.png to it.
3) Open file \ReShade\Shaders\Ganossa.undef and add string #undef uiMaskTexture after string #undef USE_UIMask.
4)Open file \ReShade\Presets\Default\Shaders_by_Ganossa.cfg and find section ///**UIMask**///.
Add string #define uiMaskTexture "uiMask.png" //[undef] //-Defines UI - mask texture in this section.
And if you open REShade Assistant now on the VALUE tab of the UIMask - Ganossa shader, you must see new string uiMaskTexture.
Put files of the painted uiMask textures' of every game you playing with REShade to the "\ReShade\Shaders\Ganossa\Textures\ui_masks\" folder.
Now you can to define different UI mask textures in every game's profile! And no need to swap uiMap.png file every time you want to play another game with DOF+UIMask effects.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 2 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic DOF+different UI masks
Good point. Textures like the UI Mask or LUTs should be moved to the presets/profiles, rather than being global.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.