Magnifier shader

• Sunesha
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #1 by Sunesha Magnifier shader was created by Sunesha
I just thought about it yesterday when I squinted my eyes for checking how Adaptive Sharpening sharpens while was messing with the settings. It would be so useful with shader that magnify.

Would be cool to have like just 200% zoom. Then just a simple XY position so you can move around a bit. Maybe is really hard to create. But I think it would have great utility

I can though see how a shader like this could mess a lot things up if used in a weird way
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Sunesha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Magnifier shader
It would even be possible to use the mouse position and create a magnifying glass you can move around on screen.

• Sunesha
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #3 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic Magnifier shader
I went over some of Reshade language, but my programming skills is abysmal at best. I just did some php stuff back in 2000. So much of terminology was unknown for me.

Is there some read material I can find that would learn some basics(not the code language) ?

I just imagine when I was thinking about it is not such complex procedure, as there is really no need for resampling as that would anyway be contraproductive in a shader like this. More I think about it could actually help people that doesn't have perfect eyesight.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.