CoolRetroTerminal CRT Shader

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #1 by matsilagi CoolRetroTerminal CRT Shader was created by matsilagi
Hey!
I've tried porting this (even separated the code) but with no avail, it is a shader made for a linux App called Cool-Retro-Terminal, it is apparently OpenGL ES made for QT5, however, the syntax is a bit nightmare-ish for me to understand.

If someone could port it to either GLSL or ReShade, i would be very happy.

The code + required resources can be found here: cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/853382515...roTerminalShaders.7z

The complete repo can be found here: github.com/Swordfish90/cool-retro-term

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #2 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic CoolRetroTerminal CRT Shader
Made it a bit more readable: pastebin.com/P1LwNQCF

Now someone can probably port or rewrite-it.

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #3 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic CoolRetroTerminal CRT Shader
Last bump.
I ported it but its all broken, here's the current code: pastebin.com/AxxYLrW0
Here's how it should work:

If someone could rewrite it or write a shader like that one i would be very glad.

• mbah.primbon
More
6 years 4 months ago #4 by mbah.primbon Replied by mbah.primbon on topic CoolRetroTerminal CRT Shader
I think this is not meant to be as post processing effect. So, it will be difficult to port this effect to reshade, even somebody can do it, the result are not same as you expected.

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #5 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic CoolRetroTerminal CRT Shader
It is a GLSL shader, i ported it with success (well, sort of).
Results are in its release thread.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.