Volumetric Clouds!!!

• Developing_Zeus
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #1 by Developing_Zeus Volumetric Clouds!!! was created by Developing_Zeus
It would be great if we get Volumetric Clouds in reshade as ENB takes away a lot of FPS. :( :) :) :) :P
I want it specifically for GTA SA. :sick: :oops:
PLEASE!!!!! :( :( :( :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Duran.te
More
4 years 10 months ago #2 by Duran.te Replied by Duran.te on topic Volumetric Clouds!!!
I'm not a programmer so what I'm going to say may be incorrect, but I'm afraid that your idea can't be possible to achieve with reshade, since it would require a real-time dynamic rendering in a specific position of the 3d scene.
This is not much about post processing.

• CeeJay.dk
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #3 by CeeJay.dk Replied by CeeJay.dk on topic Volumetric Clouds!!!
I am a programmer and Durante is right.

While it's possible to make volumetric clouds in Reshade, such an effect would only be believable if you stood still and did not look around.
If you did move or looked around, the illusion would quickly be broken because Reshade cannot detect where the camera is or where it is looking.

So the effect would be like a video playing on a pair of glasses you were wearing.

It is possibly to create a tool specifically for one game that reads the camera position and orientation by figuring out where and how the game stores this, but since very few games store this the same place and not all in the same way, it's practically impossible to do generically for all games and we are not about to include a feature that is just for one game - that is how ENB does things but we want features to work for all games.

It's also why we currently cannot do believable rain or snow - We need to know where we are looking and we need to know our motion vector.

I did speculate that if we supported VR headset input we could detect where the headset was looking, which would solve one of the issues but only for VR games.
And it still doesn't solve the other one. Sure you can also track a headset position but many games allow the VR gamer to sit or stand still while in motion inside the game - like in a plane or driving simulator.

So yeah - We want it too! But can't figure out how to make it possible.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by CeeJay.dk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyanDri3957V

• Scorpio82CO
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #4 by Scorpio82CO Replied by Scorpio82CO on topic Volumetric Clouds!!!
Can I say the same with the fog volumes and layers of titles, or there is an possible solution , where the bloom effect affect the HUD and fog and other layers affect mostly the Ambient Occlusion and GI shaders.?
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Scorpio82CO.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.