FSX Preprocessor Error:Couldn't open included file

• Hind_Marauder
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #1 by Hind_Marauder FSX Preprocessor Error:Couldn't open included file was created by Hind_Marauder
Hello, Im pretty new to Reshade but i've been using sweetfx before i moved into this laptop some 2 years ago. i found Reshade and MasterEffectsReborn Shaders from this blog, Kosta's Blog , I've followed the instructions there but I Installed Reshade, rather just extracted from winzip, as C:\ReShade 2.0.1f4. (The version I downloaded is the one that doesn't have Sweetfx)

I tried out and this showed out, I haven't downloaded MasterEffectsReborn(lets call it MER) at that time, here's a screenie, just black screen and it is still running.

Next up I putted MER folder in both location of Reshade and FSX folder under Steam. I also then inserted the new reshade.fx and Mastereffect.h in FSX folder and Reshade Folder, now this shows up :( I've tried switching both Reshade and FSX into Dx9 or Dxgui/Dx10 but shows up the same problem

I followed some suggestions and solutions, but it's just all renaming the reshade64.dll into either d3d9.dll or dxgui.dll in FSX folder, I haven't found any other similar cases as mine but maybe i should start it here in the forums.

In the mean time i may use sweetfx, but i really wanted to try ReShade out real bad ;)

My specs are:
Videocard/s: Nvidia 720M 2GB and Intel HD Graphics Family
VRAM: 4GB
Processor: intel i5-4200u 1.6GHz - 2.6GHz
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Hind_Marauder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hind_Marauder
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #2 by Hind_Marauder Replied by Hind_Marauder on topic FSX Preprocessor Error:Couldn't open included file
-=Update=-
Removing the profile in Reshade Assistant does nothing, replaced the d3d9.dll and dxgui.dll along with Sweetfx Files in FSX folder, now i only got a black screen, but the menus are fine. Also, either in Dx10 or Dx9, none of the things i've done worked, i removed fsx.cfg in "C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX" to replace my settings with a new one, but still no progress at all. Googled FSX black screen problem and still nothing.

Another update, placed FSX back in Reshade's profile, but now i didn't moved any files in FSX folder, still got the same problem, and a d3d9.dll and d3d9.log was made automatically, by Reshade i guess?, at FSX folder, here is the log file
Warning: Spoiler!

<EDIT> Added my post in Steam Discussion
Steam
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Hind_Marauder. Reason: updates and clarification

• Hind_Marauder
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #3 by Hind_Marauder Replied by Hind_Marauder on topic FSX Preprocessor Error:Couldn't open included file
Last update for i may just remove reshade for the mean time. Verified FSX's integrity game cache and it installed some stuff, opened up fsx and the screen is back but still got an error about the MasterEffectReborn's mcsmaa.hlsl not being able to be opened.
Images
That's my current issue and that FSX doesn't start up, whenever i start a new flight, it wont load then just leads to a fatal error/crash to desktop.

Cuurently it runs without reshade smoothly

• crosire
More
8 years 2 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic FSX Preprocessor Error:Couldn't open included file
Why do you want to use MER so badly, it's no longer maintained. Just use the shaders that come with Reshade by default, they contain all of MERs effects and you don't need to do any complicated installation procedures, which don't work.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.