Installing Master Effect

• RakkhiveFace
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #1 by RakkhiveFace Installing Master Effect was created by RakkhiveFace
Please help me troubleshoot the installation ot MasterEffect reborn shaders.
I unpacked the downloaded files to the reshade-shaders\shaders folder. So now there is the ReShade.fx and masterfx.h along the existing fx files that got installed when i first put reshade into the game. There is also a MasterEffect folder with all of them, which contains some .png files and another folder.
So, i edited the masterfx.h file and put a 1 instead of a 0 on all of the effects i wanted to try.

The result is that i can only see and play with the shaders originally installed with the reshade installer. I can't see the ones i enabled by editing masterfx.h
Also, when I tick "masterfx" in the shaders category, the screen goes black (the game is bioshock remastered, no depth buffer access if that's of any help).

Well, thanks for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
6 years 4 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Installing Master Effect
MasterEffect is heavily outdated and downright incompatible to ReShade 3.0. Better use the shaders that can be download via the installer, my most recent works are among them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RakkhiveFace

• RakkhiveFace
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #3 by RakkhiveFace Replied by RakkhiveFace on topic Installing Master Effect
Oh. Okay then. Thanks!

• deton244
More
5 years 5 months ago #4 by deton244 Replied by deton244 on topic Installing Master Effect
In case if anybody looks for using some older presets with Master Effect:
www.dropbox.com/s/wki1u73sc7zeric/Reshad...0%20%282%29.zip?dl=0

Installation:
Open mastereffect.h in notepad and paste your preset there, and save.

Injector is from 0.X version of SweetFX and for DXGI.

In case of using older (incomaptible) game, download:
yadi.sk/d/rN6ozunqU9L0Dw
And rename ReShade32.dll to d3d9.dll or d3d10, or ReShade64 (usually for dxgi.dll if memory serves) and paste to the game nearby the linked files.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.