Achieve old DoF results with newer versions of ME?

• robgrab
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #1 by robgrab Achieve old DoF results with newer versions of ME? was created by robgrab
I've been staying away from newer versions of ReShade/ME simply because I can't reproduce the same look of the DoF from older versions. I really like how the settings have been organized in the newer versions of ME: it's MUCH cleaner. I was just wondering if anyone has properly explained, or written a guide, on how to achieve results similar to the older versions where each DoF method had it's own individual settings? I did a search but didn't find anything. If someone has already explained this elsewhere please point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• robgrab
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Achieve old DoF results with newer versions of ME?
Beuller?

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Achieve old DoF results with newer versions of ME?
Just....experiment a bit?

• Zeddi
More
8 years 11 months ago #4 by Zeddi Replied by Zeddi on topic Achieve old DoF results with newer versions of ME?
I messed around with the new version and Stalker Clear Sky and I couldnt for the life of me get autofocus to work. For some reason it just keeps blurring the background. I messed with manual focus ect ect. The new version has some beast ao effect but the depth of field is really weird. Autofocus works fine on the older version of reshade.

• BrandonHortman
More
8 years 11 months ago #5 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic Achieve old DoF results with newer versions of ME?
Newest ReShade Framework with DA:I

[img
DA:I 4K The Fade by brandon.hortman , on Flickr

[img
DragonAgeInquisition 2015-04-29 15-58-53 by brandon.hortman , on Flickr

Using Matso. Infinite nearblur, far blur at 0.4 ( I play at 0.9 normally) with bokeh curve at like 18, and blur radius around 25.
Manual focus set to 0

Are you referring to the auto focusing algorithm? I think that did change, I think the community voted for their favorite.
I think the blur radius and bokeh curve used to be relative to the distance of the camera position from the focus point for the Matso dof, but its more static now.

• robgrab
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #6 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Achieve old DoF results with newer versions of ME?
I always use manual focus but it seems like I haven't been able to recreate the same look, focus distance, quality, etc. that I had before. I've experimented a LOT but most of those settings are confusing to me and I have a degree in photography. I'll keep experimenting until hopefully it eventually clicks. Another problem might be that I play certain games downsampled so I might need to increase the numbers much higher.

• robgrab
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #7 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Achieve old DoF results with newer versions of ME?

BrandonHortman wrote: Using Matso. Infinite nearblur, far blur at 0.4 ( I play at 0.9 normally) with bokeh curve at like 18, and blur radius around 25.
Manual focus set to 0.

Thanks! Those settings got me back on track. I can definitely tweak from there.

• BrandonHortman
More
8 years 11 months ago #8 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic Achieve old DoF results with newer versions of ME?
Awesome! :Cheer:
Glad to help.

• vfxninjaeditor
More
8 years 11 months ago #9 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic Achieve old DoF results with newer versions of ME?
Infinite nearblur? That's confusing me. What number do you put in for infinite. lol.

• BrandonHortman
More
8 years 11 months ago #10 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic Achieve old DoF results with newer versions of ME?
haha :cheer:
"9999999"

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.