Reload a single shader instead of all

• Insomnia
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #1 by Insomnia Reload a single shader instead of all was created by Insomnia
When fiddling with preprocessor settings you must reload the entire ReShade library (or are there other ways?), which can take some time when you have like 85 shaders (some of which takes quite a while to load).

Is it possible to add a "Reload Shader" button? Like right clicking them and a drop down menu appears with this option available?
Thanks!
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Insomnia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 11 months ago #2 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic Reload a single shader instead of all
85?! By the Nine you need to trim your ReShade shrubbery.
plug incoming
For example, a LUT can reproduce the effects of every color-oriented shader except for Emphasize:
reshade.me/forum/shader-discussion/3179-...correction-the-guide

And Bloom I've found can be configured enough to negate the need for Ambient Light and Magic Bloom.
Film Grain 2 basically never produces effects as desirable as Film Grain.
Lumasharpen is the best sharpener. Adaptive Sharpen can sometimes match it, but is not needed.
Depth-haze can be removed in favor of Fog/DOF or just DOF.
I'll never in my life use Chromatic Aberration.
Etc.

• WLHM15
More
6 years 11 months ago #3 by WLHM15 Replied by WLHM15 on topic Reload a single shader instead of all
It's easy
Only use shaders that you want to use, and remove the rest.

i always do this since Reshade 3.0 came out

• Insomnia
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #4 by Insomnia Replied by Insomnia on topic Reload a single shader instead of all
Yes, I know 85 is... a bit too much. ^^ But I like having options haha.

Anyway, even if I have 25 shaders, I'd still like to have the option to reload a single shader.

By the way there's nothing wrong with CA! Only the games that uses it. :P
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Insomnia.

• CmdrKeen
More
6 years 10 months ago #5 by CmdrKeen Replied by CmdrKeen on topic Reload a single shader instead of all
I agree with this. The load times on starting are unacceptable if you have many shaders implemented.
I often go back to 1.1 with Mediator to mess around, instead of using 3.0 versions.

3.0 is easy to see what you're doing in game, but the load time is offputting. I wonder how it could be changed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insomnia

• Insomnia
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #6 by Insomnia Replied by Insomnia on topic Reload a single shader instead of all
Furthermore, I'd like to see what shader it loads as some shaders, especially when dealing with dx9, can take up to a minute.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.