Reshade on the mac

• livenza
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #1 by livenza Reshade on the mac was created by livenza
Hello,
i've see so many people asking for reshade on the mac :( i really want it on the mac for my Sims 4 game. Because i don't have any windows. i hope you will make this soon! plus: Reshade will get more downloads ;)
thank you very much,

Livenza
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by livenza.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PandaLawan, YouAllSucIHateYou, lovelivesim, Thomas11751

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
6 years 1 month ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade on the mac
Not going to happen. Too much of the codebase is Windows specific.

• robgrab
More
6 years 1 month ago #3 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Reshade on the mac
Use Bootcamp. That way you can play PC games on your Mac AND run Reshade. Your games will most likely run faster as well since games are better optimized for Windows.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas11751

• PandaLawan
More
5 years 10 months ago #4 by PandaLawan Replied by PandaLawan on topic Reshade on the mac
I'd really love it as well for FFXIV on mac :(

• YouAllSucIHateYou
More
5 years 9 months ago #5 by YouAllSucIHateYou Replied by YouAllSucIHateYou on topic Reshade on the mac
That is MacBook racist. THIS IS RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL, PLZ MAKE THIS FOR MAC. IOS IS BETTER THAT WINDOWS ANYWAY. MAKE IT OR ELSEEEEEEEEEEE.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• lovelivesim
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #6 by lovelivesim Replied by lovelivesim on topic Reshade on the mac
Is there any way we can be able to convince you guys? I mean I would pay ten dollars if I had to. I'll start I petition if it helps.

P.S. I tried Boot Camp, but it didn't end well and I had to delete the Windows portion of my MacBook's hard drive
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by lovelivesim.

• Michey1357
More
5 years 4 months ago #7 by Michey1357 Replied by Michey1357 on topic Reshade on the mac
Hi! I have a question. I know you can run ReShade with Bootcamp but i wanted to know if you can run it with Winebottler. I don't feel safe downloading Bootcamp on my little computer so I wanted to know if you can do it with Winebottler OR Wine.

Thanks! :)

• Parkl
More
4 years 8 months ago #8 by Parkl Replied by Parkl on topic Reshade on the mac
When is reshade going to be available on Mac?

• mr_spongeworthy
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #9 by mr_spongeworthy Replied by mr_spongeworthy on topic Reshade on the mac
Honestly, the suggestions here for Mac owners are the correct ones: Just install Bootcamp and you'll never, ever go back to gaming on native Mac titles. I support Macs professionally, and have since the Mid 80s! They are, in many ways, fantastic systems. But I would never, ever, suggest gaming on them in Mac OS. For my own gaming (and for others) I build custom gaming rigs, usually liquid cooled. That's always best, but gaming on Macs is certainly doable, and not all that bad IF you are willing to install Bootcamp. That same title will, absolutely, run better under Bootcamp. Just do it. Backup your system properly first. If you are on one of the unfortunate MacBook models with incredibly limited and un-expandable storage then you are basically out of luck. Other than that one scenario then you are good to go. If you have a lower-end or integrated GPU, as most Mac systems have, then you can either go eGPU ($$$) or stick with older titles, many of which are absolutely fantastic games that will still look and run great even on very modest systems (DOA, DAII, FO3, FNV, etc.) Other suggestions: Limit your FPS to the minimum acceptable (usually 30) using Riva Statistics Tuner because Mac systems, especially laptops, often have poor cooling and you don't want to cook a machine that might otherwise give you 10 or more years of faithful service. ReShade can come in VERY handy when pushing the limits of your Mac hardware. Need to run a game at really low resolution? Add ReShade, then add both FXAA AND a Sharpening filter plus possibly some saturation to pop the detail you are losing by running at a low resolution. Yeah, you will lose 3 or 4 or 5 fps doing that on integrated GPUs, but you'll lose 10 or 15 or 20 fps trying to run at higher resolutions, so ReShade is definitely your friend. I managed to get FO4 to run on a very pedestrian 2014 MacBook Pro 13" and, using ReShade I was able to make it look quite good. So this is definitely the tool you want as a low-end Mac gamer, you just need to make that final leap and move to Bootcamp.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by mr_spongeworthy.

• vanilledtn
More
4 years 1 month ago #10 by vanilledtn Replied by vanilledtn on topic Reshade on the mac
I find it a little racist towards Apple users. More and more people are starting to use Apple computers, so it would be great to create a reshade for macs

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.