Please add support for Reshade and SLi together!

• shadow85
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 days ago #1 by shadow85 Please add support for Reshade and SLi together! was created by shadow85
Please add support for Reshade and SLi together!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
6 years 1 day ago - 6 years 21 hours ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Please add support for Reshade and SLi together!
I don't have a SLI setup on my home PC to test against...
Last edit: 6 years 21 hours ago by crosire.

• shadow85
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 day ago #3 by shadow85 Replied by shadow85 on topic Please add support for Reshade and SLi together!
Ahh damm....

Im not sure if it is only Ubisoft games. Im gonna try non-Ubi game later and see if Reshade works with SLi.

Atm I have only tried, FC5, GRWL and Watch Dogs 2 and they all crash after the level loading screen. So weird.

• robgrab
More
6 years 1 day ago - 6 years 1 day ago #4 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Please add support for Reshade and SLi together!
I'm confused. What are you asking for? I've been running games in SLI with Reshade for years without any issues whatsoever. I have yet to encounter a game that doesn't work with Reshade, let alone because of SLI.
Last edit: 6 years 1 day ago by robgrab.

• shadow85
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 day ago #5 by shadow85 Replied by shadow85 on topic Please add support for Reshade and SLi together!

robgrab wrote: I'm confused. What are you asking for? I've been running games in SLI with Reshade for years without any issues whatsoever. I have yet to encounter a game that doesn't work with Reshade, let alone because of SLI.

Robgrab, can you please tell me exactly what games you have got working with Reshade+SLi? and what version reshade you are using for them?

It seems, only UBI games are the ones that will not load the level if I have both Reshade+SLi enabled. I have to disable one of them for the game to load. Strangely, like I said tit only happens on UBIsoft games.

• shadow85
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 day ago #6 by shadow85 Replied by shadow85 on topic Please add support for Reshade and SLi together!
I can confirm that it is only UbiSoft games that is not loading a game with Reshade+SLi enabled for me.

Tried a few non-Ubi games and they all work perfectly with Reshade+SLi, but all the UBI games do not load. I tried Watch Dogs 2, GRWL, and FC5, all exhibit the same crashing after a level is loading.

So weird!

• robgrab
More
6 years 1 day ago - 6 years 1 day ago #7 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Please add support for Reshade and SLi together!
I dont play a lot of Ubisoft games, and I don’t have any of the ones you listed, but I’ve played The Division with SLI and Reshade for years without issue. In fact I only uninstalled The Division a few days ago.

A majority of the games I’m currently playing have SLI enabled along with Reshade without any problems. Resident Evil Revelations 1 & 2, Divinty Original Sin 2, Bioshock Remastered 1 & 2, etc. I’ve been using Reshade ever since it first came out back when I was running dual GTX 670s in SLI. I’m currently using dual GTX 1080s in SLI.

I’m curious what makes you think it’s SLI conflicting with Reshade? I just can’t understand why that would cause an issue.
Last edit: 6 years 1 day ago by robgrab.

• shadow85
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 day ago #8 by shadow85 Replied by shadow85 on topic Please add support for Reshade and SLi together!
Robgarb, of you read my last post I stated that it is actually only Ubisoft games giving me issues with SLi+Reshade enabled. GR Wildlands and Watch Dogs 2.

I currently have 2x ASUS GTX 1080Ti STRIX OC @2050 and actually have also been using SLi+Reshade enabled for years myself without issue. I just thought that something might be wrong because I have been trying to get it working for those 2 games mentioned and it is not happening. I don't know why, it only seems to be Ubisoft games thats causing this problem and it seems to be at the exact same point, i.e. straight after a level has finished loading.

Im wondering if there is an issue with EAC or something?

• robgrab
More
6 years 16 hours ago - 6 years 16 hours ago #9 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Please add support for Reshade and SLi together!
Apparently this same topic is popping up in other threads. Sounds like a Ubisoft-specific problem. So it's not Reshade's fault. Ubisoft is doing something screwy, yet again. Another reason I try to stay away from Ubisoft games.
Last edit: 6 years 16 hours ago by robgrab.

• shadow85
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 13 hours ago #10 by shadow85 Replied by shadow85 on topic Please add support for Reshade and SLi together!
I agree with you there, it seems to be Ubisoft specific.

I just find it very odd though, that with those Ubi games SLi will work without Reshade, and Vise Versa. Makes no sense to me lol??

Anyways, are you able to link me to those threads?

• Martigen
More
5 years 11 months ago #11 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Please add support for Reshade and SLi together!
Have you tried disabling the shitty ubisoft in-game overlay?

• TreyM
More
5 years 11 months ago #12 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic Please add support for Reshade and SLi together!

Martigen wrote: Have you tried disabling the shitty ubisoft in-game overlay?

This is the likely culprit.

• shadow85
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #13 by shadow85 Replied by shadow85 on topic Please add support for Reshade and SLi together!
I am pretty sure I have.

It is definitly only Ubi games. Last night I have ran, Doom (2016), Mass Effect Andromeda, Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 with Reshade+SLi and they all work perfectly.

Any Ubi games, its a no go unless one of them is disabled!!

• Oll
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #14 by Oll Replied by Oll on topic Please add support for Reshade and SLi together!
No all Ubisoft games.

I've Steep + SLI 1080 ROG ASUS STRIX + Reshade (3.0.8 ) and the game works perfectly.

But for GRW + Reshade (all versions) + SLI, the game crash.

I think its Ubisoft problems for a lot of games, not Reshade.

I've post this problem on french Ubisoft forum, but still no reponses.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Oll.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shadow85

• shadow85
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #15 by shadow85 Replied by shadow85 on topic Please add support for Reshade and SLi together!
I have posted about this on Ubi forums and here, and I have spoken directly with Ubisoft technical staff but no one seems capable of fixing this problem with some Ubisoft games.

I find it very sad because I bet it would be something very simple to edit/fix to allow Reshade+SLi to work together for GR Wildlands.

• Oll
More
5 years 7 months ago #16 by Oll Replied by Oll on topic Please add support for Reshade and SLi together!
I think same.

No responses about Ubisoft.

I'm sad too because i seem alone and there are no more hopes. :-(

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.