Opacity option for shaders

• klotim
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #1 by klotim Opacity option for shaders was created by klotim
It would be an great addition if it would be able to use opacity for shaders as in photoshop.
Like using a effect that blurs but has an effect of 75%.

Is it possible to add this to Reshade so you can control each effects opacity? 1-100%.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by klotim.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
5 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Opacity option for shaders
This has to be done in the shader code. Some effects already have such options. But it is not something ReShade can do globally.

• klotim
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #3 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic Opacity option for shaders

crosire wrote: This has to be done in the shader code. Some effects already have such options. But it is not something ReShade can do globally.

Ah okay, I understand

• Duran.te
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #4 by Duran.te Replied by Duran.te on topic Opacity option for shaders
I know I'm gonna reply a 6 months topic, but it could still be useful for other people.

So, There's actually a way to get this effect. Funny thing is that I had this idea just cause of this topic, but I then totally forgot about it.
Anyway, here's the solution.

Duran.te wrote: Tweak: Reducing every shaders intensity / opacity
Some Shaders allows you to edit their Intensity by playing with their settings, some others don't.
Though there's not an official way to "reduce shaders opacity" through ReShade interface, I managed to achieve this by making some tweaks.
Basically we'll use a mask for a specific shaders and we'll make it cover the entire screen.

First of all you'll need the effect UIMask to be present in your Shaders Folder ( Game Directory > reshade-shaders > Shaders ), so check this Shader during ReShade installation.
UIMask shader comes with a sample texture called UIMask.png, located in the Texture Folder ( Game Directory > reshade-shaders > Textures ). Open this one with an image editor software and fill it completely with Black ( or download a full black image from google and rename it UIMask.png, after all it's the result that counts ).

Once all's set, launch your game, open ReShade interface and drag your interested Shader between UIMask_Top and UIMask_Bottom. In this way it will limit its effectiveness just to that specific shader (watch the image below to see the load order).
To increase or decrease the opacity, just move the slider "Mask Intensity" as you want.

Decreasing Godrays Opacity level

source: Easy Troubleshooting
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Duran.te.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, acknowledge, gottenspell

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.