New User Friendly Interface - Concept

• Duran.te
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #1 by Duran.te New User Friendly Interface - Concept was created by Duran.te
Yeah, I know this is not the priority of reshade development right now, but maybe, in the future, it could be something for a new update.

My idea would be to simplify the shaders management in the home page of reshade's UI by arranging every shaders for categories, in order to get a cleaner interface.
It could also involve a kind of automatic load order system, so that shaders will not be ordered by name anymore, but by type.
A manual loading order system could be maintained in another tab.

Since a picture is worth a thousand words, here's a visual representation of what I have in mind.
I only put 12 shaders [strike]cause I'm lazy[/strike] for convenience, but you can image what a full reshade standard repository would be compared to the actual method.
Let me know what do you think about it.

I apologize for the bad graphics, I just wanted make it as fast as possible.

Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Duran.te.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01, Martigen, Qsimil, Ryukou36, Fu-Bama, someone_for, BFG9000, Throson34

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jas01
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #2 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic New User Friendly Interface - Concept
Good idea. One thing - I enjoy having 100% control over my shader loading older (*image control freak*), so dictating me that I must use (for example) a bloom over sharpening priority (I like to use it before applying any stronger lighting effects) or limiting me to choose only one bloom/sharpening shader at one time is a definitive and strong NO for me. Grouping every single shader is a fine concept, but I really couldn't stand any solution that could limit my preset creating process. It would have to be pretty dynamic.

I would also never apply FXAA before SMAA (some people are using both of them/ SMAA & Gaussian blur combo).
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by jas01. Reason: ++

• Duran.te
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #3 by Duran.te Replied by Duran.te on topic New User Friendly Interface - Concept
That's why I suggested to keep it in another tab, you can see it in my image next to the home one.
The loading order system would stay as it is, but neater.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

• jas01
More
4 years 10 months ago #4 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic New User Friendly Interface - Concept
My mistake. I'm fully supporting your idea now. :)

• Wicked Sick
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #5 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic New User Friendly Interface - Concept
While I have no problem with how ReShade is, this could be good, saves time to explain to new people.

Also, reminds of the old UI that Lucifer's Hawk had with the old GEM FX.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Wicked Sick. Reason: Trying to fix stuff.

• TheGordinho
More
4 years 10 months ago #6 by TheGordinho Replied by TheGordinho on topic New User Friendly Interface - Concept
Didn't the 2.0 version tryed it out before?
It was a clunky mess and didn't last very long...

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.