Full-Range/"Raw" Depth Buffer Export

• moyevka
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #1 by moyevka Full-Range/"Raw" Depth Buffer Export was created by moyevka
I realise this is a very fringe-case request, so regard it as low priority.

I was wondering if ReShade could write raw exports of the depth buffer, rather than my known method of .pngs of DisplayDepth.fx. I occasionally export depth maps using ReShade for further post work, however the limited range of a 32-bit (or effectively 8-bit since it's monotone) .png does introduce some patterning across the depth range.

Example of this patterning/dithering.

Would be quite appreciative if somehow ReShade could write this depth information to a HDR image format like TIFF or EXR, since (I think) it's able to access the full depth buffer range.

Once again, incredibly esoteric suggestion that's practically useless to everyone else, so feel free to drop it all the way down the list of priorities : p
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by moyevka. Reason: fixed image link

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
3 years 2 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Full-Range/"Raw" Depth Buffer Export
General buffer export (including depth, but really any texture) is a long standing TODO item and hopefully I'll get to it one of these days. It's mainly missing code to download that data from the GPU right now (basically a generalization of the screenshot code). The HDR image writing part I already have.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.