Feature Request: Install From Preset

• redxyeti
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 2 months ago #1 by redxyeti Feature Request: Install From Preset was created by redxyeti
Not sure how compllicated this would be, but I was thinking a lot people who use reshade these days are just downloading a preset. So during the install it would be great to have a button like "Install from preset" that users could point to a preset file and have it download all the shaders (that are publicly available) that the preset uses. Then maybe just a warning for shaders like McFlys RTGI that require a patreon subscribtion and arent publicly available.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lufusol
More
2 years 4 months ago #2 by lufusol Replied by lufusol on topic Feature Request: Install From Preset
+1 on this bad boy, you summed up what I wrote several paragraphs in my own post about. I had a bit more of a grandiose vision of how that would function, but you're definitely right. A lot of presets out there are nothing more than an .INI file, that assumes you have or can easily find and get the specific shaders the author chose to include in their preset. Moreover, you can't even see a complete list of the specific shaders contained in each repository when selecting repositories during setup, so if you don't either guess correctly, or choose EVERY repository during setup then go through each one, you're SOL.

Let's make this a WHOLE lot more user friendly because without everyone having the same shaders installed there's really no guarantee of consistency between two users loading the same preset.

• crosire
More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 2 weeks ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Feature Request: Install From Preset
This was implemented in github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/4207cb...bebcb771f00288a101b6 and ReShade 5 will therefore have this functionality.
Last edit: 2 years 2 weeks ago by crosire.

• lufusol
More
2 years 2 weeks ago #4 by lufusol Replied by lufusol on topic Feature Request: Install From Preset
Sorry I've been out of the loop for a couple months, been down in the dumps and I just came back to check out the new reshade... I AM SCREAMING AND CRYING! You son of a gun you did it, you did the best possible thing! AMAZING! This makes ReShade SO much more user friendly. I love it, you're amazing, actually the best. Thank you for implementing this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.