OpenXR Support

• ronoverdrive
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago #1 by ronoverdrive OpenXR Support was created by ronoverdrive
I think its great that VR support has been added via OpenVR, however, the VR industry as a whole is moving to OpenXR as the industry standard and so now there are games coming out that are unsupported as a result. Its more then Windows Mixed Reality (WMR) using OpenXR now as SteamVR has been focusing efforts on providing full OpenXR support and even Oculus/Facebook Reality Labs is moving away from their proprietary API to OpenXR. Unity which is the most common VR game engine has moved completely over to OpenXR and OpenVR support has to be provided by the game developer as a 3rd party plugin. I know VR support is still in its infancy, but this is going to be a must sooner rather then later.
The following user(s) said Thank You: YoYo, aaronth07, sirdion

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sirdion
More
2 years 22 hours ago #2 by sirdion Replied by sirdion on topic OpenXR Support
I'd be surprised if the team at reshade are not already aware of this, however for what it's worth I totally agree. Love the reshade tool guys, it's a game changer (pardon the pun)

• YoYo
More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #3 by YoYo Replied by YoYo on topic OpenXR Support
The same !!!

My topic about the same (+ toolkit)
reshade.me/forum/shader-suggestions/8084...openxr-toolkit#43769

Pretty Please !!!
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by YoYo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NYx53

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.