Ability to set screenshot key binding & directory

• Coreda
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #1 by Coreda Ability to set screenshot key binding & directory was created by Coreda
After searching around and looking through the config files I couldn't find a way of changing the default screenshot key binding of PrintScreen, nor a way to set a custom output directory for screenshots.

As other programs can't capture ReShade's injected effects being able to customize the screenshot hotkey and screenshots directory is something sorely missing, both for the customizable nature of the framework and user's own needs, and for being able to organize screenshots.

Would love to see these features added in a future version, as there's clearly a lot of love in the project and for tinkering with ideal settings :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrandonHortman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 9 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Ability to set screenshot key binding & directory
Agreed, on the TODO list. =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: GroinShooter, BrandonHortman, Coreda

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 9 months ago #3 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Ability to set screenshot key binding & directory
For me, fraps is working fine though

• Coreda
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #4 by Coreda Replied by Coreda on topic Ability to set screenshot key binding & directory

crosire wrote: Agreed, on the TODO list. =)

Wonderful ◝(‾◡◝)◜

• crosire
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Ability to set screenshot key binding & directory
0.19.0 now allows changing the screenshot location. Just add "#pragma reshade screenshot_location "<PATH>"" anywhere in one of the fx files, where <PATH> is a valid path to an existing directory (like "C:\Users\...\Desktop"). Don't forget the quotes around the path.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, Coreda

• Coreda
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #6 by Coreda Replied by Coreda on topic Ability to set screenshot key binding & directory
Fantastic! Thanks for the quick update on the first feature. Will test when I get the chance. Will help a lot with keeping things organized.

With the eventual custom keybindings it will be the perfect combination ❛◡❛

• Scotland
More
8 years 8 months ago #7 by Scotland Replied by Scotland on topic Ability to set screenshot key binding & directory

crosire wrote: 0.19.0 now allows changing the screenshot location. Just add "#pragma reshade screenshot_location "<PATH>"" anywhere in one of the fx files, where <PATH> is a valid path to an existing directory (like "C:\Users\...\Desktop"). Don't forget the quotes around the path.

Possibly my english is not good enough,but I can't get it to work. I only have one Fx file "Reshade.fx" Put it in,but nothing happened.

Regards,

Scott

• Scotland
More
8 years 8 months ago #8 by Scotland Replied by Scotland on topic Ability to set screenshot key binding & directory
Please anyone there for help?

Scott

• crosire
More
8 years 8 months ago #9 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Ability to set screenshot key binding & directory
Just put the following (with your custom path) on a separate line in one of the shader files:
#pragma reshade screenshot_location "C:/......./MyScreenshots"

• Scotland
More
8 years 8 months ago #10 by Scotland Replied by Scotland on topic Ability to set screenshot key binding & directory
Thanks Crosire!

I am using the mastereffect.h file.I put it in there ,but nothing changed.

Scott

I have no clue what is meant"..in one of the shader files" ???

• crosire
More
8 years 8 months ago #11 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Ability to set screenshot key binding & directory
Please make sure you are using either "/" or "\\" to separate folders in your path. "C:\Test\Path" won't work for instance, because the string is escaped. It has to be "C:\\Test\\Path" or "C:/Test/Path".

• Scotland
More
8 years 8 months ago #12 by Scotland Replied by Scotland on topic Ability to set screenshot key binding & directory
Thanks Crosire !

That's working now.

Scott

• MonarchX
More
8 years 6 months ago #13 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Ability to set screenshot key binding & directory
Has this been integrated into ReShade Framework 1.0.0? Which key can I use to take screenshots and where will they be stored???

• Ganossa
More
8 years 6 months ago #14 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Ability to set screenshot key binding & directory
No it is not added yet, you can past this line on top of ReShade.fx for now::

#pragma reshade screenshot_location "C:/......./MyScreenshots"

With your screenshot folder location of course. ;)

• Alexandra
More
8 years 6 months ago #15 by Alexandra Replied by Alexandra on topic Ability to set screenshot key binding & directory
No biggie, but this doesn't seem to work for me.

Note: There is a space in my screenshot path, if that matters.

• crosire
More
8 years 6 months ago #16 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Ability to set screenshot key binding & directory

Alexandra wrote: Note: There is a space in my screenshot path, if that matters.

Doesn't matter, as long as you put the path in quotes.

• Coreda
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #17 by Coreda Replied by Coreda on topic Ability to set screenshot key binding & directory

Alexandra wrote: No biggie, but this doesn't seem to work for me.

Note: There is a space in my screenshot path, if that matters.

Looks like the setting requires the use of forward slashes rather than backslashes in the path (at least going from the example above).

• crosire
More
8 years 6 months ago #18 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Ability to set screenshot key binding & directory
Strings use escape sequences, so there is nothing wrong with backslashes, but they need to be escaped:

"C:\\Test\\"

• NotSoSweet
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #19 by NotSoSweet Replied by NotSoSweet on topic Ability to set screenshot key binding & directory

ReShade 1.0.0 Changelog
Added option to change screenshot key via "#pragma reshade screenshot_key"

Hello!

[strike]Can anyone help me please - how can i add custom screenshot key to standalone "ReShade 1.0.0 with SweetFX 2.0 package"? :blush:
I want to bind F12 for screenshots. I think that F12 keycode is 123 if it's does matter.

Thanks![/strike]

EDIT: Managed to edit ReShade.fx with new line #pragma reshade screenshot_key 123
:side:
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by NotSoSweet.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.