[SOLVED] Batman Arkham Knight Post-Patch Reshade Crashing

• Zaine6
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #1 by Zaine6 Batman Arkham Knight Post-Patch Reshade Crashing was created by Zaine6
New Batman Arkham Knight patch came out this week to address the bugs. Now when reshade is in the folder the game crashes at the menu. Saying the game has stopped working. At one point I got a DirectX 11 error saying files not found in Windows directory but I haven't been able to reproduce that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Aelius Maximus
More
8 years 7 months ago #2 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic Batman Arkham Knight Post-Patch Reshade Crashing

Zaine6 wrote: New Batman Arkham Knight patch came out this week to address the bugs. Now when reshade is in the folder the game crashes at the menu. Saying the game has stopped working. At one point I got a DirectX 11 error saying files not found in Windows directory but I haven't been able to reproduce that.

Hmm, still works flawlessly for me. Windows 7, 64 bit.

• kanwarv
More
8 years 7 months ago #3 by kanwarv Replied by kanwarv on topic Batman Arkham Knight Post-Patch Reshade Crashing
Same thing is happening to me but out of nowhere the game just crashes no error messege or nothing apperantly the game does not like any mastereffect thing in it HELP PLZZZZZZ FIX THIS THE GAME LOOKS SHIT W/OUT IT

• mxltiply
More
8 years 7 months ago #4 by mxltiply Replied by mxltiply on topic Batman Arkham Knight Post-Patch Reshade Crashing
I went into Arkham Knight > _CommonRedist > DirectX > June2010 and ran the setup.

The game now launches for me and shows the Reshade splash screen, however it crashes once it gets to the render of Batman where the "Start Button" screen is.

OCCASIONALLY, I can get it to work, but that requires me to sit through the splash screens, turn off DOF as soon as I could, and keeping a very particular set of in-game settings on/off.

• Zaine6
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #5 by Zaine6 Replied by Zaine6 on topic Batman Arkham Knight Post-Patch Reshade Crashing
Crashes for me shortly after seeing the menu and batman, at somewhat a random time.

• NeverExists
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #6 by NeverExists Replied by NeverExists on topic Batman Arkham Knight Post-Patch Reshade Crashing
Crashes for me to at the same spot.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by NeverExists.

• iAnimeDeath
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #7 by iAnimeDeath Replied by iAnimeDeath on topic Batman Arkham Knight Post-Patch Reshade Crashing
I thought I had reshade working with Batman Arkham Knight with its post-patch but it seems that not even my method I showed in my guide is working properly. It just crashes and the only thing I know for certain is that this part at the end is always at the end of the crash log.

Warning: Spoiler!

UPDATE
Okay Found a working SweetFX that works with this game:

Boulotaur2024.1.5.1 version seems to work flawlessly without any crashes so far. So for now we might have to go oldschool on this game :)
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by iAnimeDeath.

• Tom Yum 72
More
8 years 5 months ago #8 by Tom Yum 72 Replied by Tom Yum 72 on topic Batman Arkham Knight Post-Patch Reshade Crashing

iAnimeDeath wrote: Okay Found a working SweetFX that works with this game:

Boulotaur2024.1.5.1 version seems to work flawlessly without any crashes so far. So for now we might have to go oldschool on this game :)

Tried all Reshade versions and Boulotaur2024.1.5.1, sometimes it crashes at startup, sometimes in the menu, sometimes you been able to play for a short time and then crashes. :dry:

• Optimus_Bull
More
8 years 3 months ago #9 by Optimus_Bull Replied by Optimus_Bull on topic Batman Arkham Knight Post-Patch Reshade Crashing
For anyone who has problems with Arkham Knight crashing with ReShade after latest patch.

The latest version of Reshade actually works again on Arkham Knight.

You have to remove all of the files from the old version, including log files.
Run the game, then close it.
Then add the latest version of ReShade with either Framework or SweetFX 2.0.

That's what I did and now it finally works. I have been troubleshooting this, and tried different things for months now.

Another steam user, jokerjohn09 tested the suggestion too, he can confirm that it works.

• XIIICaesar
More
8 years 3 months ago #10 by XIIICaesar Replied by XIIICaesar on topic Batman Arkham Knight Post-Patch Reshade Crashing

Optimus_Bull wrote: For anyone who has problems with Arkham Knight crashing with ReShade after latest patch.

The latest version of Reshade actually works again on Arkham Knight.

You have to remove all of the files from the old version, including log files.
Run the game, then close it.
Then add the latest version of ReShade with either Framework or SweetFX 2.0.

That's what I did and now it finally works. I have been troubleshooting this, and tried different things for months now.

Another steam user, jokerjohn09 tested the suggestion too, he can confirm that it works.

Dude, I cannot get it to work with that method. I deleted ReShade folder, ReShade.FX, dxgi.dll & dxgi.dll log file. Ran the game. Played for awhile. As soon as I added resahde 1.1 back to the game in Win64 directory, it crashes. Sometimes after the splash screen, or the start menu, then sometimes the main menu. Every once in awhile I can actually play it but then it crashes if I go into the game graphic option menu and thats only when using a default configurations preset. Any custom preset its a no go.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.